Secret Saturnalia 2022

Curtisimo

On 11/26/2022 at 12:14 PM, CPK said:

Ha! I included a note with my surprise package and signed my forum name without even thinking. I guess mine will only be a secret until he opens it! 😄

I did this the first year I joined in the fun. Didn't realize until afterwards that the "secret" flew out the window. Whoops. Oh well. It's all in good fun 🙂

• Like 1
  • Smile 1

On 11/26/2022 at 4:38 AM, Limes said:

What are the rules by the way, if one thinks one knows the identity of ones Secret Santa? Send that person a pm? Or never speak of it, and keep your secret to your grave? 😁

The only rule is that the pairings are random and anonymous. The person you are gifting to is usually not the person gifting to you. I use a random sequence generator.

If a Secret Saturn wants to reveal their identity or if a gift recipient wants to ask that their Secret Saturn reveal themselves they are welcome to do so but the reveal is always up to the Saturn.

• Thanks 1

As a reminder I will be doing the last of the pairings at the end of this week. If you are on the fence about joining I encourage you to do so.  In honesty it would actually help to have a few more names in the hat for this last pairing.

For instance it would be very helpful to have at least one more participant from Europe and one more from North America.

Io Saturnalia!

Edited by Curtisimo
  • Like 3
  • Clap 1

Mine may have come.  I came home to find a signature slip.  The postal chicken scratch is hard to decipher,but initials A.B.  It's too soon for my latest order to arrive.  I'm just hoping that my vcoins gift for my giftee didn't come to me, despite instructions.

Let's hope this goes smoother than the last signature card...

Best case scenario: it will arrive Saturday.  The Thursday mail carrier seems to be the most capable of the three,so we can hope.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 7:29 AM, Furryfrog02 said:

On a side note, I was contacted by the seller of the coins I got for my giftee and he couldn't find of one them. Had to make a substitution. Hopefully my giftee doesn't mind.

Same thing happened to me!!!

• Like 1

Hello fellow Roman Holiday Enthusiasts!  Just following up to let everyone know that the entry period is now closed.

I am working through a few behind the scenes logistics items as it relates to the pairings to try and minimize unnecessary cross Atlantic shipping this late in the season if we can.  All that to say if you haven't heard back from me already with your pairing you will by the end of tomorrow.  If for some reason you sent me a message and haven't heard back from me within the next day please send me another message or respond below.

IO Saturnalia!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Yes 1
  • Clap 1

Yes, Curtismo's efforts are appreciated. After a vcoins' bungle, I had to re-order from an American dealer.  It should still get there in time.  First class doesn't take that long.

By the way, if I ever had to do it myself, stick a bunch of stamps on a small padded mailer, and stick it in the outbound at work, would 9 Forever stamps be enough?  That's assuming the small mailer can even take that many on the address side. I looked at a mailer from dirtyoldcoins and it said prepaid for 5 ounces.  That probably contained maybe 10 or 11 coins, mainly small ones.

• Like 1

• Benefactor

My gift should either be at their destination, or almost there.

Looking forward to opening mine (haven't received yet) on the 17th. I'm having surgery that day and will be under doctor's orders to remain in bed. So, opening that coin will be a bright spot!

• Like 1

Yesterday, I found a mysterious envelope in my mailbox. A first glimpse at its contents, a small cardboard package and a letter, revealed it to have come from my Secret Saturn. Although I'm incredibly curious, I will wait until the 17th to read the letter and unwrap the present..

My own gift is still in the mail but will hopefully arrive in time.

• Like 1