Secret Saturnalia 2022

Curtisimo

Just for the pleasure of showing it off (and to bumpr the thread), here's what I got from my Secret Santa a few years ago (some mysterious sender in Singapore 😄 )

7ebcab76dc83480383c61fadaf1faa9a.jpg

Bruttium, Terina, 1/3 nomos, ca 420-400 BCE
Third nomos
Head of Terina right
Nike seated left, holding bird
1,97 gr - 15,5 mm

Q

• Like 11
  • Heart Eyes 1

Shopping ended, and hopefully found a gift my recipient will enjoy! Funny thing is, that at the specific shopping venue, I missed out on my targets, but I am nevertheless pleased to score the gift I wanted for my giftee. Its part of the fun, and its interesting to go deeper into the persons coin interest and find something that matches that interest. Yes, its the first time I join the Saturnalia festivities, and happy I did! 

• Like 5
  • Clap 1

After waffling over many coins I finally found one that felt right for my giftee. I added a couple coins for myself and intend to repackage my gift and ship it out myself. Unfortunately, I'm heading into a winter storm that could shut my city down so hopefully there won't be too much of a delay. Eight years ago we had a storm that dropped over 6ft of snow in 48 hrs and that shut us down for a week! Here is a picture of exactly eight years ago today, if you see the black spot in that snow pile, it's my side mirror on my car! 

FB_IMG_1668731804046.jpg.030db7efb6cb39bcd162c318f2c0d802.jpg

• Like 3
  • Gasp 4
  • Shock 1
  • Mind blown 1

49 minutes ago, Nerosmyfavorite68 said:

What showed up? We're encouraged to post them as soon as we get them.

In the years I’ve participated, most people (including me) wait until the official start of Saturnalia on Dec. 17 to open their gifts. I only ever once opened mine early, by mistake when I thought the package was something else that I purchased.

Edited by ValiantKnight
  • Like 1
  • Yes 2

Strange enough : I went to the post office this morning (around 10 AM) to drop a package that will have to travel quite a lot to reach destination....

One hour later (around 11 AM today) a package arrived at the door  bearing my name and address. I opened it and another envelope was inside bearing the inscription "Io Saturnalia".... Of course I stopped there, and will not open it before dec 17th, but frankly, I can't wait !!

IO SATURNALIA

Q

Edited by Qcumbor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Qcumbor said:

Bump to page #1

As a side note, I made some investigations/sleuthing and think I found out who my Secret Santa might be (without opening the inside envelope), but I will not reveal, of course 😄

What are the rules by the way, if one thinks one knows the identity of ones Secret Santa? Send that person a pm? Or never speak of it, and keep your secret to your grave? 😁

6 hours ago, Limes said:

What are the rules by the way, if one thinks one knows the identity of ones Secret Santa? Send that person a pm? Or never speak of it, and keep your secret to your grave? 😁

Ha! I included a note with my surprise package and signed my forum name without even thinking. I guess mine will only be a secret until he opens it! 😄

• Smile 2
  • Laugh 3

On 11/26/2022 at 11:38 AM, Limes said:

There's no rule BTW : If you think you should reveal who you are to your giftee, do so. If you don't, it's OK too. Same for your Secret Santa. The only thing is I wouldn't disclose their name/handle publicly unless they want me to.

Well, I can't talk for @Curtisimo and @JAZ Numismatics but it's how I see it

Q

• Like 1