Covid

DonnaML

Sorry to read. We were very proactive, but ended up getting it about a year and a half ago. First time in the history of men and women that she was more sick than I was. 

Just rest and take it easy. We'll all be here eagerly awaiting your sharing the new coins in good health. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Smile 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

May you have a speedy recovery.

I suspect that I had it back in the fall.  I felt really tired one weekend and my taste was off for a while.

The only things that I liked about the original period were the empty highways and the empty-ish parking lot at work. The catered meals were also nice.  I hated the empty store shelves and no tp.

• Thanks 1
  • Smile 1
  • Yes 1

9 hours ago, Nerosmyfavorite68 said:

I hated the empty store shelves and no tp.

Here's my recreation of covd life c.2020. I tried to get AI to do it, but that was a hard fail, so needed to DIY. Hope someone appreciates the effort! 😃

image.png.4f17ffde83e498b226c55ffb640523e5.png

Edited by Heliodromus
  • Like 2
  • Smile 1
  • Smile 1
  • Laugh 5

• Benefactor

I'm starting to feel a little better, thank you. Still very tired and still testing positive, but no more fever so far, at least. Fingers crossed! And I'm about to post about a new coin for the first time, in the "latest ancient coin" thread! So I must be better.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Smile 1
  • Yes 3
  • Clap 1

• Benefactor

Thanks to all of you. After I stopped taking the Paxlovid the other day, my GI symptoms improved, but my cough and cold symptoms have gotten worse. Still, as long as the fever doesn't come back, and my oxygen saturation levels remain normal, and I have the energy to do essential things like laundry and supermarket shopping and posting on Numisforums, I will still consider myself fortunate. And will try to resist the temptation to keep self-testing for Covid on a daily basis!

• Like 3
  • Smile 1
  • Yes 1

Glad to read you're doing better @DonnaML.

Testing everyday is pointless IMO. Once you've been tested positive once, you remain contagious for five to seven days. Later on, even though there can be "viruses bits" able to turn a test to positive, they are not active anymore. At least that's the position we have in France when dealing with Covid+ patients. 

Take care 

Q

• Thanks 1

• Benefactor
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Qcumbor said:

Glad to read you're doing better @DonnaML.

Testing everyday is pointless IMO. Once you've been tested positive once, you remain contagious for five to seven days. Later on, even though there can be "viruses bits" able to turn a test to positive, they are not active anymore. At least that's the position we have in France when dealing with Covid+ patients. 

Take care 

Q

Thanks. I was exaggerating -- I've retested only once, a week after the original positive test. I may do so again after another week has passed. Mostly I just wish that the process of feeling  truly better, and not so tired all the time, were proceeding a bit more quickly! I do wonder a little why a second course of paxlovid is never prescribed.

Edited by DonnaML
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

• Benefactor

I finally have some excellent news to share. I bought a new box of Covid tests the other day (because all I had left were several boxes with expiration dates back in 2022 that I didn't really want to use, so I threw them out), and took one this afternoon. The test was negative -- 17 days after I started feeling sick, and 11 days after finishing the Paxlovid.  I found a study concluding that on average, people who take Paxlovid start testing negative 10 days after first showing symptoms, compared to 17 days for those who don't take it. So Paxlovid may not have done much to clear the virus out of my system any faster, but on the other hand, who knows how long it would have taken without it? Besides, I'm convinced that it prevented me from possibly getting seriously ill, because the rather high fever I had disappeared within 24 hours of beginning Paxlovid, and never came back. 

Anyway, I still have a runny nose and cough, but otherwise am starting to feel more like myself. I even walked around my block a couple of times this afternoon (about half a mile) -- my first time in almost three weeks engaging in any kind of outdoor activity beyond going to the supermarket and drugstore a block away. I was starting to get a little bit stir-crazy, which is an odd feeling for a congenital hermit like me. (I wasn't making an effort to self-quarantine at any point; I just haven't felt up to doing much.)

I was a little bit worried that I might give Covid to my cat Callie, because I found all sorts of online recommendations from early in the pandemic -- probably based on what happened with those tigers in the Bronx Zoo -- saying that if you have Covid you should wear a mask around your cat and avoid physical contact, none of which I was willing to do. After all, I've never actually known anyone who did give Covid to their pet. And Callie is doing just fine, as it turns out, albeit perhaps a bit disappointed that I haven't been able to give her my full attention of late. Here are a couple of photos, including one showing her stretching out in boredom. (Please excuse the state of the sofa; I gave up a long time ago trying to keep it clear of cat fur. I promise that I do vacuum the rug fairly regularly, however.)

image.jpeg.0b4416f2002673adf483589981d6ffa3.jpeg

image.jpeg.904270f421da65e26db9932e1332e8b7.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Yes 2
  • Smile 2
  • Clap 4
  • Heart Eyes 3

• Benefactor
Posted (edited)

Good to hear about your health Donna as it certainly has been a significant period of time since you first tested positive. I did wake up a few days ago with a very stuffy head condition and a headache. I thought COVID, finally, but it seemed to go away by 10am. Still lucky I guess. Beautiful cat!

Edited by Ancient Coin Hunter
  • Thanks 1