A fun little photo of some of my pieces! :D

CassiusMarcus

This fun photo of a mix of tets and denarii from my collection

Does anyone else like to set up pictures like this and pretend you stumbled on a little hoard haha!ย 

In the Ancient World around the time of Trajan, what do you reckon you could buy with this? Really makes you wonder!ย ๐Ÿ˜›

IMG_3610.jpg

• Like 22
  • Gasp 1
  • Heart Eyes 13
  • Mind blown 2

Posted · Supporter

Now THAT would be something to find metal detecting! How about it, @galba68?ย ๐Ÿ˜„

If one of Trajan's soldiers found that hoard in a plundered temple, he might be able to buy, say, a complete set of top-quality arms and armor, plus a good mount, and still have some left over for drinking and gambling.

ย 

• Like 4
  • Big Smile 1

9 minutes ago, CPK said:

Now THAT would be something to find metal detecting! How about it, @galba68?ย ๐Ÿ˜„

If one of Trajan's soldiers found that hoard in a plundered temple, he might be able to buy, say, a complete set of top-quality arms and armor, plus a good mount, and still have some left over for drinking and gambling.

ย 

Or SNG ANS.

~ Peterย 

• Like 3
  • Big Smile 1

What a wonderful collection of silver pieces @CassiusMarcus.

Back when I was putting together my Top 10 way back in 2017, I made a collage photo of my top coins for the year. The collage was partially inspired by the thought of finding the coins hidden in an ancient container.

Collage-15.jpeg.5c0897d8b812f51da165c06deb8facbf.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Mind blown 1

2 minutes ago, Curtisimo said:

What a wonderful collection of silver pieces @CassiusMarcus.

Back when I was putting together my Top 10 way back in 2017, I made a collage photo of my top coins for the year. The collage was partially inspired by the thought of finding the coins hidden in an ancient container.

Collage-15.jpeg.5c0897d8b812f51da165c06deb8facbf.jpeg

Now thatโ€™s awesome!ย 
ย 

thanks for sharingย 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Love these pile-on threads! Those denarii and tetradrachm would help someone live comfortably for months on end or pay for something big like a horse or rent for a nice apartment for a while!ย 
Hereโ€™s mine, an older stack:

IMG_4405.jpeg.96ba3d9ee0f3800acab170f87c94dba1.jpeg

One I made for Christmas:

IMG_7058.png.7d107e04d5a5a2062badc01a4c792713.png

And a recent one:ย 

IMG_8111.jpeg.a505926dcd19cb3165baa48b5b0d9d2d.jpeg

Edited by JayAg47
  • Like 13
  • Heart Eyes 3

Posted · Supporter

I took this picture of my collection of ancient Greek and "Eastern" silver coins in late 2021. Since then, five additional coins have joined the pile, and one of the Persian sigloi found a new home:

00-GriechischesSilber.jpeg.f781cb31c3c470d257745cd6aa8a39e6.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Heart Eyes 2

• Benefactor

Nice photo! I've been considering taking a group photo of my tetradrachms. I recently counted 36 of them and my thought is I could turn it into a puzzle. Ravensburger offers custom puzzles. I did it with one of my pictures once and it was a lot of fun.

The primary things I'm wondering are:

• What lighting should I use for such a group shot? It's far too large for my axial setup.
  • Should I mix some bronzes in to make the puzzle easier? Otherwise I worry all that silver will make for an extremely challenging puzzle.
  • Mind blown 1

On 5/14/2024 at 6:26 PM, kirispupis said:

Nice photo! I've been considering taking a group photo of my tetradrachms. I recently counted 36 of them and my thought is I could turn it into a puzzle. Ravensburger offers custom puzzles. I did it with one of my pictures once and it was a lot of fun.

The primary things I'm wondering are:

• What lighting should I use for such a group shot? It's far too large for my axial setup.
  • Should I mix some bronzes in to make the puzzle easier? Otherwise I worry all that silver will make for an extremely challenging puzzle.

I'd vote for a bronze-silver mix for a puzzle.ย  This photo goes a bit more eclectic.

Img1183-2.jpg.f0d39ce500dfc996f139f5ff5a8c1c22.jpg

• Like 8