As of right this minute, 34 members...

Phil Davis

15 hours ago, Phil Davis said:

Harumph. That's all I have to say about my exalted new rank of "Collaborator."

Could be worse: logically, the next badge after 'Collaborator' should be 'Banned for Life'. 😊

Perhaps that's just my sense of semantics...

Edited by DANTE
  • Laugh 1

Hi All - 

I'm new to ancient coins and was a brand new CT member (same name and avator) when I saw this mass exodus take place... 

Disappointed to see a good community like CT fall apart but happy to join here as well! Hoping to learn a lot from you all, and planning to make my first real purchase (2 nice denarii from Hadrian and Trajan) which I'll share when I get them

• Like 5

Ave!

I've been a member of the other site for about four years now, about as long as I have been collecting ancients.  My username there is Bob the Baker.  I never posted but always enjoyed reading the Ancients forum there and learned a lot for sure.  This looks like a great new venue.  Thanks for setting it up, @Restitutor.

• Like 4

I've migrated over, as well.  If the more knowledgeable and prolific posters start sharing here, then there will be little need to check in there.  But what will be lacking for awhile is the wealth of great posts that had been made over the years. I do look forward to watching an archive grow and hopefully this will turn into the best place for ancients collectors to meet and discuss their hobby.

• Like 3

I think the public list of members on the main page caps out at a certain number (otherwise once we get to 10,000 members the entire page would be taken up by names! 😆). My admin view is showing 171 members as of this posting! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Benefactor
2 minutes ago, Restitutor said:

I think the public list of members on the main page caps out at a certain number (otherwise once we get to 10,000 members the entire page would be taken up by names! 😆). My admin view is showing 171 members as of this posting! 

Ah. Maybe the public list displays either the 99 most recent visitors or the 99 members who most recently did something?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Phil Davis said:

Ah. Maybe the public list displays either the 99 most recent visitors or the 99 members who most recently did something?

Did a little digging and it's based off of those who most recently did something. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2