Time to Become a Real Website!

Restitutor

Good Evening All! 

It's nearly midnight my time as I type this out and I can't be more excited to be creating this post. I still can't believe it's been only a little more than a week since this forum was created. After pitching the idea of a new numismatic forum on a discord chat with just a few people, I told myself I'd give it 30 days (the length of the free trial) to see if a new forum would be something anyone was even interested in. Never at the time would I have imagined that not but 9 days later I'd be upgrading the site to the real deal 🤯 

I cannot express enough how much joy it's brought me these last days to see all of you coming here together and putting in your time and effort to help make this forum what it has become. As someone who started collecting coins during the pandemic, I have never had a chance to meet a single fellow coin enthusiast in person. Joining a forum was the only way I could feel a part of the community, and if someone had told me two years ago that I'd be running a numismatic forum today, I'd have thought they were crazy! But here we are, and I couldn't be happier! 

So without further ado, I'd like to announce officially that from here on out we will be known as NumisForums! I want to thank you all for your participation in the vote - it was extremely close! And because of that, as part of the redesign I'lll be incorporating 'The Cabinet' name into the forum. More details to come! 

You'll also notice a new look and feel to the website, as well as an official logo*! I've been working in the background to have this ready for the launch of the official forum name; I hope you like it as much as I do! In addition, the ability to support the forum monetarily will go live in 24-48 hours, by going to the 'Store' tab and clicking 'Subscriptions'. Additional site features will continue to be added over the coming weeks. 

Thank you everyone for building this forum into something amazing, especially in such a short amount of time. None of this would be possible without you, so thank you for giving me the opportunity to run such a great site! Looking forward to the future 🥳

Sincerely,
Res

*Logo designs were created for all 4 vote options, if you're wondering how it is all being rolled out so quickly 🙂 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 11
  • Smile 2
  • Yes 4
  • Cookie 4
  • Popcorn 1
  • Clap 3
  • Mind blown 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Nice look @Restitutor!

I’m curious if you are planning on a “Featured Thread” or similar type function for the site? I’m not necessarily advocating one way or the other.  I’m just curious since you seem to have a clear vision for how you would like the forum to look... and it looks great so far!

Edited by Curtisimo
  • Like 3

Looks very classy, @Restitutor!!!! And a nice logo and typeface to boot...

Thanks for doing a great job (and in such a short time)!

One question: I will happily contribute financially, but is it possible to pay a year in advance in a single transaction?

For some reason, I'm not too keen on monthly recurring payments.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DANTE said:

Looks very classy, @Restitutor!!!! And a nice logo and typeface to boot...

Thanks for doing a great job (and in such a short time)!

One question: I will happily contribute financially, but is it possible to pay a year in advance in a single transaction?

For some reason, I'm not too keen on monthly recurring payments.

Thank you Dante!! Glad you like it 🙂 

And yep, in addition to the monthly subscriptions there will be an option to pay in advance. I will update the thread once the subscription feature is up and running (takes a day or two to activate after the Invision service has been purchased, but the subscription levels are visible). 

• Like 3

Congrats & Thank you, @Restitutor, you've put together an amazing looking site in days - it has been fun to watch and I am pleased to see the collection of people that have joined.  As this thread demonstrates you have many willing to contribute to the success of NvmisForvms!   

• Like 3