Time to Become a Real Website!

Restitutor

@Restitutor ,

Is there a way to add more options for text formatting on mobile? The below is all I see and I sometimes end up with weird text formatting when I copy and paste that I can’t fix. 

60272332-7939-4B95-90C1-8006CF1386F3.jpeg

Anyone else feel free to chime in if I am missing something.  Still getting the hang of everything here. 

Also, am I the only one that is a little disappointed we didn’t end up as onlyFlans? 😇😁

Edited by Curtisimo
  • Yes 1
  • Laugh 3

• Benefactor

Congratulations! I love the name, and love the way it looks. When it's possible to make an annual contribution in advance, I will certainly do so. But I hope we at least get an autographed photo in return!

More seriously, is there an "ignore" button like at the other place, in case either of the two people from there who seem to dislike me the most start harassing me here as well?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DonnaML said:

More seriously, is there an "ignore" button like at the other place, in case either of the two people from there who seem to dislike me the most start harassing me here as well?

Looks like there is! If you hover over a user's name, there will be a box that pops up. At the bottom right there will be a button that says "Ignore" you can click on to ignore a user.

image.thumb.png.c60b99dd56beee0c49721e2382a3b9f8.png

Edited by dempsicles
  • Like 5

This new official site would not recognize my old password and would not allow me to sign up afresh so I did the password reset and that worked.  You probably lost some people who had the same problem.  Thankfully, the other place finally put a lock on the thread with my name in it where those inclined to argue were posting in vain.  Before all this, I was losing interest in buying coins.  I now wonder how long I can keep interested in a hobby I can not afford. Time will tell.  

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Curtisimo said:

@Restitutor ,

Is there a way to add more options for text formatting on mobile? The below is all I see and I sometimes end up with weird text formatting when I copy and paste that I can’t fix. 

60272332-7939-4B95-90C1-8006CF1386F3.jpeg

Anyone else feel free to chime in if I am missing something.  Still getting the hang of everything here. 

Also, am I the only one that is a little disappointed we didn’t end up as onlyFlans? 😇😁

I'll look into this! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dougsmit said:

This new official site would not recognize my old password and would not allow me to sign up afresh so I did the password reset and that worked.  You probably lost some people who had the same problem.  Thankfully, the other place finally put a lock on the thread with my name in it where those inclined to argue were posting in vain.  Before all this, I was losing interest in buying coins.  I now wonder how long I can keep interested in a hobby I can not afford. Time will tell.  

Hey Doug - yeah I experienced this too. I use Apple products and the password keychain storage didn't recognize the new URL and I had to manually update. Annoying, but also makes me extra glad to have rolled out the domain name now, vs when we have even more members!

Hopefully this forum will help reinvigorate your interests in the hobby! 🙂 

• Like 8

• Benefactor

Meanwhile, speaking of websites, are the discussion boards at Forumancientcoins (i.e., Forvm) down, or is it just me? The rest of that site appears to work fine.

Edited by DonnaML

9 minutes ago, Roman Collector said:

Have you seen this? It's an old website with our domain name and it redirects to here!

Capture.JPG.64d60ad61ed8e73ccb0d245b063d341d.JPG

How does one go about obtaining a twitter handle? 
We could expand into the twitterverse lol. 

Actually, on second thought, that place is full of even more vile racists and other ilk than CT. Best to keep far far away.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Roman Collector said:

Have you seen this? It's an old website with our domain name and it redirects to here!

Whoever was running that Twitter page was presenting themselves as someone with some ancient coin knowledge… but was buying really bad fake coins by the bucketload on eBay! Haha… oh no… 

• Laugh 1

• Benefactor
9 hours ago, Roman Collector said:

I was curious whether we were turning up in searches yet and ran into the same Twitter thread, although I didn't catch that it redirected to us. My first reaction was oh shit, but when I thought about it a bit more, I decided who cares? It seems to be dormant and never got much traction anyway.

55 minutes ago, Phil Davis said:

I was curious whether we were turning up in searches yet

I'm not sure if there's a process for submitting a new site to Google/etc for inclusion in search, but it may help help the  ranking of this site (how high up it appears in search results) if anyone with a coin-related website includes a link to this forum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Davis said:

I was curious whether we were turning up in searches yet and ran into the same Twitter thread, although I didn't catch that it redirected to us. My first reaction was oh shit, but when I thought about it a bit more, I decided who cares? It seems to be dormant and never got much traction anyway.

Yeah I ran across this Twitter as well when searching the web for any similar domain names to any of the vote options. Given their dormancy, it shouldn’t be too long until google drops them down in relevancy compared with our active site. I did secure the actual NumisForums twitter handle- won’t be using it but wanted to make sure no one else snagged it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1