Ancient Coin Sterotypes

Kali

That's one of the best memes I've seen on the sub, glad it got updated! I see myself as the Niche Collector, and sometimes the Anxious (about my Bronzes having BD 😅)

Looks like meme days are getting more traction finally, I really enjoyed this one

Screenshot_20240131_181357_Reddit.jpg.a5e61ffab02f610c8de625530bbeb96c.jpg

Edited by Helvius Pertinax
  • Like 10
  • Smile 3
  • Laugh 3

I saw this as well. I am not sure where I fit though. I figured probably the Happy Newbie, even though I have been collecting for ~5 years now. I am truly excited about any new coin. Bonus points that the coin featured has a Victory reverse....which given my particular interest in her, would make me a Niche Collector? 

Whatever, I'm just happy to be able to collect and share the hobby with my kids and you all here 🙂

• Like 2

• Benefactor

I think it's hilarious -- particularly "the Hopeful" and "the Photographer"! -- but I honestly don't see myself in any of them. Really, none of them even approaches the level of deranged weirdness that I've seen some people show up to display, particularly in the Coin Talk years. Remember the "I like to brag about hiding my coin collection from my stupid wife, who'll never see a penny out of it" guy? Or the "I'm descended from Persian princes, and anyone who dares to outbid me at an auction deserves to die" guy?

Edited by DonnaML
  • Like 4
  • Yes 2
  • Laugh 4
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, KenDorney said:

I'm not good at these, but:

IMG_6801.JPG

That's how I felt before covid. I was getting about 15 coins a month, but I guess the monkey must have caught covid, himself and died, because now I don't have the scratching anymore. I have become much more selective since 2020. Last yearm it was 7 coins total, that I acquired. Big difference. And so far, nothing has been acquired this year.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kali said:

That's how I felt before covid. I was getting about 15 coins a month, but I guess the monkey must have caught covid, himself and died, because now I don't have the scratching anymore. I have become much more selective since 2020. Last yearm it was 7 coins total, that I acquired. Big difference. And so far, nothing has been acquired this year.

I will say I finally felt the relaxation after my hit the 300-350 coin mark (of decent stuff), when I couldn’t remember all the coins I owned, and just looking through the collection again would satisfy me, as I’d suddenly rediscovered a few coins I had forgotten.

Quality oven quantity, but it helps to satisfy a certain number, so you can become more picky.

• Like 4
  • Yes 2