Secret Saturnalia 2023

Curtisimo

• Benefactor

Had the following conversation with my wife recently.

Wife: So, why did you send out that coin?

Me: It was for Secret Saturnalia!

Wife: Secret what?

Me: Saturnalia

Wife: What's that?

Me: It's like Christmas, but during the Roman times.

Wife: But we don't celebrate Christmas... (because we're Jewish)

Me: Yeah! But's it's not Christmas. It's Saturnalia!

• Like 5
  • Smile 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Cool Think 1

10 minutes ago, kirispupis said:

Had the following conversation with my wife recently.

Wife: So, why did you send out that coin?

Me: It was for Secret Saturnalia!

Wife: Secret what?

Me: Saturnalia

Wife: What's that?

Me: It's like Christmas, but during the Roman times.

Wife: But we don't celebrate Christmas... (because we're Jewish)

Me: Yeah! But's it's not Christmas. It's Saturnalia!

I wish you and your family a happy Hanukkah starting tomorrow then.  I hope your collection grows by 8 coins in the next couple of days!

• Like 8

• Benefactor
21 hours ago, Curtisimo said:

I wish you and your family a happy Hanukkah starting tomorrow then.  I hope your collection grows by 8 coins in the next couple of days!

Thanks! It's already off to a good start (even though it's not until tonight...)

• USPS was very kind in delivering an express (1-3 days) package in just 7 days. It's a very rare stater that may count as an MSC to make @Ryro jealous. 🙂 I'm still doing some research and will post about it soon.
  • Meanwhile, my shipment from Germany only took three days to get here and included my first coin with a camel and a coin from the very first ancient ruins I ever visited. Expect some future posts there.
  • I decided to treat myself to a few coins at one of my favorite dealers. I added a new city in Sicily and two rare 2nd century BCE cities.

And, in more good news, my Secret Saturnalia coin has reached its destination country.

• Like 6
  • Gasp 1
  • Clap 1

• Benefactor

Hate to ask this, but what's the proper procedure if my gift hasn't reached my Secret Saturnalia by the 17th? In my defense, I shipped it on 11/22, but it still hasn't arrived.

Should I reach out if it's not there by the 17th and send him the tracking number so he knows he wasn't forgotten?

• Like 1
  • Gasp 1

2 hours ago, kirispupis said:

Hate to ask this, but what's the proper procedure if my gift hasn't reached my Secret Saturnalia by the 17th? In my defense, I shipped it on 11/22, but it still hasn't arrived.

Should I reach out if it's not there by the 17th and send him the tracking number so he knows he wasn't forgotten?

I wouldn’t start sweating yet.  Saturnalia runs through the 24th. If the 17th rolls around and your gift hasn’t arrived you can either send me a PM and I’ll alert your giftee (if you wish to stay anonymous) or you can reach out directly if you prefer. 

• Like 3
  • Smile 1
  • Yes 1

Well I am so disappointed that I missed it this year. I have not been on here much in the last year but the Saturnalia is the best time of the year for me. Hope everyone has a great time with this years Saturnalia.  So bummed I missed out

• Like 1
  • Cry 2
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, bcuda said:

Well I am so disappointed that I missed it this year. I have not been on here much in the last year but the Saturnalia is the best time of the year for me. Hope everyone has a great time with this years Saturnalia.  So bummed I missed out

I'd love a shot at being your "secret" Saturn! I bet I/USPS could surprise you and get you something to smile about before the end of the holidays. 

Please PM me your address!

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

1 hour ago, bcuda said:

We have missed seeing you around @bcuda. If you want to participate I’m sure we can figure something out. Feel free to sent me a message.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1