Secret Saturnalia 2023

Curtisimo

57 minutes ago, Qcumbor said:

Yes, french, from France.

My concern about shipping time was purely rethorical : all my sendings have always reached destination safe and sound apart once when I had the shipping address wrong 🙂 

Q

As long as the USPS doesn't mess up....I recently ordered some cheap ancients from an Indian seller - a couple of paisas and a jital. Nothing crazy. Total was like $30USD. I watched the tracking go from India to JFK to within 10 miles of my house only for it to next pop up in....BOSTON....over 400 miles away! The package has just left Boston today. Made it 3810 miles almost to it's destination and then did a complete 180 and started north 😛 Who knows where it will end up next! 

What are some of the best Bugs Bunny quotes? - Quora

• Like 4
  • Smile 1
  • Shock 1

IO Saturnalia!  Happy to report that my gift has just arrived in the mail.  I think this may be the earliest that I’ve ever gotten my gift…will do my best to wait until Saturnalia to open it up.  Thank you to my Secret Saturn for getting it out to me so fast!

• Like 5
  • Clap 1

On 11/18/2023 at 8:56 PM, Shea19 said:

IO Saturnalia!  Happy to report that my gift has just arrived in the mail.

I wonder which is the easiest : waiting for a parcel to arrive, or the parcel being already here waiting 28 days before I can see what is inside !!!

😄 Q

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Qcumbor said:

I wonder which is the easiest : waiting for a parcel to arrive, or the parcel being already here waiting 28 days before I can see what is inside !!!

😄 Q

Mine is sitting on my desk. Laughing at me. Mocking me. Taunting me. Begging to be opened.

I MUST RESIST!

• Like 3
  • Smile 2
  • Laugh 2

Whoever my Secret Santa is, they ought to know something unexpected arrived today in the mail bearing the inscription "Io Saturnalia". I do think it might be related to the Secret Santa business .... 😉 

To my Secret Santa : you can breathe again now !!!

Q

• Like 5

I just received an unexpected envelope from a lovely neighboring country, and I very much suspect it to be from my Saturn. (Looking at the sender's address, I have somewhat of a hunch who it is.)

Now I have to wait and resist the temptation of opening it right away!

• Like 4
  • Cool Think 1

43 minutes ago, lordmarcovan said:

It seems I must wait until December 1st to be paired.  The anticipation of that alone is strong.  

Though I’m not yet paired, I already have a good idea what I’m going to send my future partner, unless I discover they’re really passionate about something else.

Yes, I have one final group of pairings to do. I thought it safer to wait and do one larger pairing instead of two smaller ones. Right now we have a good number of people for everyone in the second round to have domestic shipping. 🙂 

• Like 4

I have a packet on my desk that possibly has travelled the farthest. All the way from Australia roughly 9500 miles.

My Secret Saturnalia will know who they are and this is an acknowledgment that the packet arrived safely.

I have resisted the temptation to open it and will wait for the day.

I was wondering about a role reversal on the day and asking my wife to do the cooking for a change.

Maybe not......

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Announcement 

I have had some work items come up that I anticipate will keep me pretty tied up at the end of this week through the weekend so I am going to close the entry period just a few days early. That way there is no further delay in getting the last of the pairings done.

If you have been on the fence you can still sign up until 9:00 PM CT on Nov. 28 (about 21 hours from now). I have changed the OP to reflect the change.

Io Saturnalia!!

Edited by Curtisimo
  • Like 4