CNG Triton XXVI Denio sells for $1,900,000 plus juice

TheTrachyEnjoyer

• Benefactor
16 minutes ago, TheTrachyEnjoyer said:

Inhand photos courtesy of a friend who was able to hold this at the Long Beach Expo. The winner is a very lucky bidder

Now that I look at it more closely, I see that the reverse is a bit off center.

I'll wait for a better copy... 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Smile 4
  • Laugh 4
  • Cookie 1

Stunning coin - I literally cannot even imagine having that kind of money to blow on a single coin, though!

There were a lot of rarities in that auction that I actually thought were going fairly cheap. I'll need to check back and see what the hammers ended at.

• Benefactor

Thanks for posting the video, @TheTrachyEnjoyer. It was fascinating to watch.

I do find it rather remarkable that there still has not been any information released publicly, either in the catalog description or otherwise, regarding this coin's provenance or the existence of documentation proving that the coin was legally imported into the USA, in accordance with the applicable agreements with Italy and/or other countries. If I had > $2 million to spend on a coin or anything else, I would certainly want some assurance that it's not going to end up being confiscated! Especially given all the publicity about the coin. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Yes 4

21 minutes ago, DonnaML said:

Thanks for posting the video, @TheTrachyEnjoyer. It was fascinating to watch.

I do find it rather remarkable that there still has not been any information released publicly, either in the catalog description or otherwise, regarding this coin's provenance or the existence of documentation proving that the coin was legally imported into the USA, in accordance with the applicable agreements with Italy and/or other countries. If I had > $2 million to spend on a coin or anything else, I would certainly want some assurance that it's not going to end up being confiscated! Especially given all the publicity about the coin. 

The most expensive coin I ever bought (from the same company) cost barely 0,1 % of that, yet the german customs would not hand it out to me without a clearance certificate by the minister of state for culture and it took four visits to the customs office and lots of discussions before they let me take it home 😅 

• Like 1
  • Mind blown 1

Watching this, a question formed in my head. What happens after? You just dropped $2.3M on a coin, do you just walk up after the auction ends, pay for it, and they hand it to you and ask would you like the receipt with you or in the bag, and you leave? 😂

I’d like to imagine you get treated to an amazingly fancy dinner and get to rub shoulders with the auction house head honchos, drinking champagne that makes Dom look cheap 🤩 one can dream… 

• Like 4

• Benefactor
55 minutes ago, Restitutor said:

Watching this, a question formed in my head. What happens after? You just dropped $2.3M on a coin, do you just walk up after the auction ends, pay for it, and they hand it to you and ask would you like the receipt with you or in the bag, and you leave? 😂

I’d like to imagine you get treated to an amazingly fancy dinner and get to rub shoulders with the auction house head honchos, drinking champagne that makes Dom look cheap 🤩 one can dream… 

Do you think CNG would take cash for it?

17 hours ago, Restitutor said:

I mean the auction fee.... they could probably spare a few hundred to shout you a fancy dinner? Right?