We're Page 1!

Restitutor

Happy Friday, NumisHeads!

It is with great joy that today I get to announce that we have officially reached Page 1 of Google search results for 'Ancient Coin Forum'! 

image.png.4861f86d11d4375bc690acddb8b8fcd8.png

This is incredible, made even more so by the fact that our forum is still less than 2 months old! 

image.gif.1958d0737518e1093d481df6f9621e2d.gif

We couldn't have gotten here without every single one of you here, as all of our growth and success is 100% organic, so from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!! 

Here's a coin to commemorate the occasion, Hadrian with Romulus!

HADRIAN (117-138). Denarius. Rome.
Obv: HADRIANVS AVG COS III P P, Laureate head right.
Rev: ROMVLO CONDITORI, Romulus advancing right, holding spear and trophy.
RIC² 1424.
Weight: 3.06 g.
Diameter: 19 mm.

image.png.b522f946fb58319cb68f01593395f10f.png

Please feel free to post anything you want! 

-Res

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Smile 2
  • Yes 1
  • Cool Think 1
  • Clap 10
  • Mind blown 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

24 minutes ago, Restitutor said:

It is with great joy that today I get to announce that we have officially reached Page 1 of Google search results for 'Ancient Coin Forum'! 

This is incredible, made even more so by the fact that our forum is still less than 2 months old! 

We couldn't have gotten here without every single one of you here, as all of our growth and success is 100% organic, so from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!! 

RIC² 1424.

-Res

Congratulations, @Restitutor, for building a GREAT Forum, and facilitating a super Ancients coin community. 

We know all the hard work, and great job you performed to make this happen! Fantastic!

Thank you!

Brian

• Like 9
  • Yes 1

5 hours ago, Restitutor said:

RIC² 1424.

-Res

Success is a wonderful thing ☺️! Many collectors, including myself, were searching for a new website that offered a fresh look, interesting members who were willing to share their knowledge & post interesting threads, & NVMUS FORVMS was born 😮. I've witnessed remarkable growth with this website in the short period of time I've been a member 😉. May the success continue...

• Like 4

May I pour a little drop of not so sweet wine or champagne in the glass

I just set my mode to "private" (hiding a little bit my search preferences)
Then made the exact search.

This forum appears on page two, 3rd entry
So we have to try just a little bit harder 😏  972732076_Screenshot2022-07-22220250.png.7d09891388c9398f8abd6d57938d8519.png

• Like 3

• Benefactor

Interestingly, for me, searching ancient coin forum (without quotation marks) has numisforum showing up only as the 6th result on the second page. I have no idea why different people get different results. Of course, if one combined all the different Forum Ancient Coins links into one, we'd be a lot higher!

Page 1:

About 6,500,000 results (0.49 seconds) 

Search Results

Web Result with Site Links

Ancient Coins For Sale - Ancient Roman Coins, Ancient Greek Coins, Biblical Coins, And Other Ancient Coins - Authentic, Expertly Described, Guaranteed.

Discussion Board

Numismatic and History Discussions. No New Posts ...

Ancient Coin Forum

All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed ...

Roman Coins

Forum Ancient Coins PO BOX 1316. MOREHEAD CITY NC ...

Consignment Shop

All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed ...
Nov 16, 2014  Ancient coins, a forum for discussing Roman, Greek, and other coins from ancient civilizations.
May 30, 2017  Ancient, Greek, and Roman Coin Forum - Such a fascinating history behind these old coins. Post your ancients here for discussion or just to show off.

World & Ancient Coins Forum — Collectors Universe

FORUMS. Most Popular Threads ... Ancient Greek and Roman Coins,… ... I am working on a collection of ancient Armenian coins, bought a few on the list but ...

Forum Ancient Coins | Ancient coins dealer online | WELCOME TO FORVM ANCIENT COINS' VCOINS STORE Thanks for visiting our VCoins store. FORVM is proud t.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com - An online ancient coin shop with over 2,000 ancient coins in stock, all listed online with photos, descriptions, ...
 Rating: 5 · ‎19 votes · ‎Price range: $$$

Page 2

Ex Forum Ancient Coins. Estimate: 100 USD... 15 Jun 2022, Unsold. Classical Numismatic Group - Electronic Auction 518, Lot 417.
297 Followers, 2 Following, 34 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Forum Ancient Coins (@forum_ancient_coins)
Forum Ancient Coins is an Ancient coins (Roman, Greek, Biblical, etc.) specialty dealer.
All about ancient coins. Buying them, selling them. Studying them. Ancient Greek, Celtic, Roman Imperial/Rupublic, Byzantine and other issues pre c.500 AD.
From discussion threads, numismatic literature, online sales and more, sign up today to take advantage of the full suite of benefits Numis Forum members ...

Meanwhile, a search with "Ancient Coin Forum" in quotation marks was pretty useless: NumisForums doesn't show up at all, and two of the results near the top were forums I've never heard of that appear to be essentially defunct, namely https://www.coinpeople.com/forum/245-ancient-coin-forum/ and http://coinauctionshelp.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21&start=200 .
Edited by DonnaML
  • Like 2

• Benefactor

Hmm. Changing my search from ancient coin forum to ancient coin forums (in both cases without quotation marks) brought numisforums from page 2 all the way up to the 6th result on page 1. I guess that makes some sense, given that our name includes the word "forums" rather than "forum."

May 6, 2010  All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, ...
Nov 16, 2014  Ancient coins, a forum for discussing Roman, Greek, and other coins from ancient civilizations.
May 30, 2017  Ancient, Greek, and Roman Coin Forum - Such a fascinating history behind these old coins. Post your ancients here for discussion or just to show off.
FORUMS. Most Popular Threads ... (Roman coins are my favorite.) ... I am working on a collection of ancient Armenian coins, bought a few on the list but took ...

Questions and answers covering all types of World and Ancient Coins.

From discussion threads, numismatic literature, online sales and more, sign up today to take advantage of the full suite of benefits Numis Forum members enjoy.

1 day ago  A forum to discuss US, World, and Ancient coins with members and NGC experts.

It's certainly important to check this in private browsing mode, like @Dwarf did... not too relevant otherwise.  I get the same result as he did.

But I don't normally use Google (too many ad links, besides any issues one might have with their business model).  DuckDuckGo often gives me better results anyway, maybe because people aren't always trying to game their system, they're gaming Google instead.  In DuckDuckGo using private browsing mode, NumisForums comes 12th.  Which is very good!  That means almost on page one.  We'll be there on both Google and DuckDuckGo very soon!

• Like 2

Time for a little Hilaritas!!!!

Tetricus I HILARITAS AVGG Antoninianus.jpg
Tetricus I, AD 271-274.
Roman billon antoninianus, 2.73 g, 20.3 mm, 7 h.
Mainz or Trier, AD 273-274.
Obv: IMP TETRICVS P F AVG, radiate, cuirassed bust right.
Rev: HILARITAS AVGG, Hilaritas standing left, holding long palm and cornucopiae.
Refs: RIC 80; Cohen 54; RCV 11237; Elmer 789; Hunter 16.

Capture.JPG

• Like 6
  • Clap 1

5 hours ago, Dwarf said:

May I pour a little drop of not so sweet wine or champagne in the glass

I just set my mode to "private" (hiding a little bit my search preferences)
Then made the exact search.

This forum appears on page two, 3rd entry
So we have to try just a little bit harder 😏  972732076_Screenshot2022-07-22220250.png.7d09891388c9398f8abd6d57938d8519.png

Interesting! That is where I had been seeing it prior to today. Hopefully the fact we're now showing on page 1 for some of us means it's not too far away from occurring for everyone 😄

• Like 4