Well I now have an Acient specimen

Paddy54

Cool coin! 

Also, hilariously enough, this post triggered in my memory that I had also entered a few drawings on CT weeks/months ago. 

...so I went to check and I ALSO won something over there LOL, from Lordmarcovan. how funny is that? I might have gone another week or more without checking lol

So thanks for help!

Edited by jfp7375
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well even tooled I like it as it reminds me of an a alien...a grey...or other being. I like the Dolphins....as well color...

Now mind you I did have about 8 others years ago...when my focus was more on series I do collect...mostly 5 cent coins ,IHC, half dimes, Mercury dimes.

Some of these are complete..some missing a coin here and there... but again times change as well people.. likes and dislikes.. but again I  always appreciate anything given to me.

My mum had an old Irish saying " expect nothing...and be happy what you get"....truer words 

I  am blessed to have my small family and close friends...as for material items

Well they are nice,but aren't what makes life worthwhile . Yes they can make life easyer...but at the end the only things your can take with you....are the memories, and the kind words expressed to your family from others.

Everything else is what ...?  Things that someone will end up fighting over...

With...No use to you.... 🙂

• Like 2

• Benefactor

Atta-boy, Paddy ... jump right into the deep-end

FYI => if you're ever in doubt, don't be afraid to ask one of the members "before" you buy a coin (ummm, my opinion kinda sucks at times, but there are several fool-proof members on this coin site ... some experts in their collecting-fields)

Hi

Ummm, wanna see my ex-ample? ... here it is ... 

Sicily Syracuse AE Drachm (below)

=> 60 Onkia

Time of Dionysos I 405-367 BC

Diamerter: 28mm

Weight: 27.22 grams

Obverse: YPA, Head of Athena left, wearing Corinthian helmet decorated with wreath.

Reverse: Sea-star between two dolphins.

SNG ANS: 455, Calciati 62.

Ex-stevex6

dolphins.jpg

Edited by Steve
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steve said:

Atta-boy, Paddy ... jump right into the deep-end

FYI => if you're ever in doubt, don't be afraid to ask one of the members "before" you buy a coin (ummm, my opinion kinda sucks at times, but there are several fool-proof members on this coin site ... some experts in their collecting-fields)

Hi

Ummm, wanna see my ex-ample? ... here it is ... 

Sicily Syracuse AE Drachm (below)

=> 60 Onkia

Time of Dionysos I 405-367 BC

Diamerter: 28mm

Weight: 27.22 grams

Obverse: YPA, Head of Athena left, wearing Corinthian helmet decorated with wreath.

Reverse: Sea-star between two dolphins.

SNG ANS: 455, Calciati 62.

Ex-stevex6

dolphins.jpg

Thanks steve....I always appreciated our friendship and the way you all roll...

I  have nothing but respect for all of you... I have watched over the years...and must say I am impressed and have been.... for quite awhile. This is why I'm here now!  And will contribute as much as possible both financially as well knowledge wise... in the 10 + years elsewhere I never gave 1 cent towards support....other than individual members...and YN's .

And there's a very good reason why. No need to ruin a party with old B.S. 🙂

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, ominus1 said:

just one.jpg

Wow Erin you pulled that one out of an old hat....lol  its a good thing im old enough to remember and  still young enough to enjoy!  Thanks for your post... 😉

Edited by Paddy54
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I was pretty stoked about recieving this specimen.  I have signed up with the USPS for daily notices of what to expect in todays mail.

Well I knew Lord M had sent it up to me. And it was on my notice this morning that it will arrive today 7/1/22 . However it seems a postal employee wanted more than I. Yep...they cut the envelope and helped themselves. 

It was a prize  from a contest Theodosius sponsored across the river on ct.

Yes I am disappointed...but I appreciate the generosity of Theodosius as well Lord M for holding the contest.

I have stuff...and I like stuff...but material stuff isn't what makes the world go round...friendship, and good deeds,means a heck of alot more to me.

I'm a firm believer in Karma...and its a double edge sword... both good...and bad!

Well I did like this coin...and hope to search out another...like it.  To add to my ever growing pile of stuff.... so acients aren't in my wheelhouse so anyone who could give me some direction ...to a link to another they think is a good value...please pm me or give me a link...as yeah I want one..lol

I always say that friendship is the wine of life! So cheers my friends...'Slainte  mhath'.  & Thank you...for being my friends.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paddy54 said:

Wow I was pretty stoked about recieving this specimen.  I have signed up with the USPS for daily notices of what to expect in todays mail.

Well I knew Lord M had sent it up to me. And it was on my notice this morning that it will arrive today 7/1/22 . However it seems a postal employee wanted more than I. Yep...they cut the envelope and helped themselves. 

It was a prize  from a contest Theodosius sponsored across the river on ct.

Yes I am disappointed...but I appreciate the generosity of Theodosius as well Lord M for holding the contest.

I have stuff...and I like stuff...but material stuff isn't what makes the world go round...friendship, and good deeds,means a heck of alot more to me.

I'm a firm believer in Karma...and its a double edge sword... both good...and bad!

Well I did like this coin...and hope to search out another...like it.  To add to my ever growing pile of stuff.... so acients aren't in my wheelhouse so anyone who could give me some direction ...to a link to another they think is a good value...please pm me or give me a link...as yeah I want one..lol

I always say that friendship is the wine of life! So cheers my friends...'Slainte  mhath'.  & Thank you...for being my friends.

I admire your positive attitude 😊. Good karma will come to you...

• Thanks 1

In todays world...we all need to make lemon-ade out of lifes lemons  😉  I truly appreciate your post , and I will reiterate ones again...I love how you all roll !   I've only have recieved postive vibes..woof woof....from odd ball.

GWLIFBDDI5CI3JIIFYTNVVAJBE.jpg

• Like 1

I’m sorry that one went AWOL, Paddy. But even before it was stolen from the mail, it caught bronze disease and was practically ruined anyway.  

If I had known that was your first ancient, I’d have sent you something else ancient as the replacement.  But instead you got a slabbed US piece from my personal collection.

I do hope you get another ancient!  This one was just one of those cursed coins, apparently.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was just about to congratulate Paddy for the new addiction entry but seeing the outcome I I felt sorry and annoyed.

I am always a little worried about my coins that are in shipping phase and especially when shipping is delayed.

But I hope this will not discourage you and you'll start this journey anyways. There are plenty nice coins to choose from.

• Thanks 1