Paging Doug Smith. Please report to this forum!

Ryro

So, I messaged him on CT. But he said he was done with CT a bit ago and he wasn't kidding. He even removed his avatar! BURN! (I just removed my avatar as well).

I just sent him an email, but if anyone has a better way to let Doug know about this joint please do!

And a Septimius Severus and family to greet him when he gets here:

IMG_0806(1).PNG.01c4886003124c0ded28b7870b152d3c.PNGCollage_2021-01-21_11_39_41_2-removebg-preview.png.7ca725f23ac9dc43b886240ed5f46240.pngshare2266665616744908879.png.e112ffe9500bc6259a9d7455f456a062.png2554915_1644203802.l-removebg-preview.png.e3e11d905f94d01e9a883e22a09a953e.png

Edited by Ryro
Typo
  • Like 9

This is a bit strange.  I received a confirmation message from this group and my internet crashed.  Maybe he who thinks he is God really is. 🤠 I read the rules and almost did not join because there was nothing there that would correct the straw that broke the camel's back over on CT.  I got a message from a member who thought that I was the same person as the Doug who spells his name creatively.   I got another message from a member who had noted I had not posted lately and who signed off with the hope that the Moderators would be in control again soon.  In my life, I have been called many names - some more pleasing than others - but I can not tolerate anyone confusing me with him.  I was hoping to find a rule that confirmed my right to be me. 

Looking at the 'deal' for invisionservice, I see it costs more to have a plan that allows more images. 500GB is not a lot.  I doubt that I will be posting much here since it really does appear that I am finished with the coin acquisition phase of the hobby at least until a good number of people now buying things have jumped off of high buildings following the market crash and currency implosion that seems imminent. Right or wrong, the hobby will never be the same for me. Today Canon announced a new camera I intend to buy rather than coins.  I'm not to the point that I will be giving away coins I like (made that mistake in 1974 when I sold my first collection). 

I am attaching three images as practice.  I have not read rules regarding image sizes but want to see how these display.  None were made to be my avatar but they all have meaning to me.  Some of you know why the coin were chosen.  The other is the Lone Star tick that bit me this morning.  We won't know for a while who won that battle. 

000coinatar.jpg

000tickatar.jpg

rg4420fd0038.jpg

• Like 17

Welcome @dougsmit... whether you purchase any more Ancients or not, I still enjoy your comments and sage information (as well as the advice.)

I, too, may not be buying many more Ancients, as I am acquiring other interests.  However, the site seem very enjoyable here.

Who knows, maybe someday instead of me being the Black Hole of Ancient Coins, perhaps I may become a Supernova...

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Roman Collector said:

Not the Lone Star tick, @dougsmit! Perish the thought. It appears, though, that only a "small percentage" of people bitten actually develop the allergy to red meat. I would hate that! The thought of never being able to eat red meat again ...

Shudder - Seinfeld GIF - Seinfeld Jerry Seinfeld Shudder GIFs

LOL, actually my wife is very allergic to beef. She gets violently ill, even if she eats food prepared on a grill that has cooked beef. It is bizarre, but I understand it is an enzyme she has no tolerance. Sometimes it is a pain in the butt when we go out, but at least she does not order the most expensive beef meals! 🙂

• Cry 1

On 5/24/2022 at 5:02 PM, dougsmit said:

I read the rules and almost did not join because there was nothing there that would correct the straw that broke the camel's back over on CT.  

Hey Doug! Welcome to the forum, really glad to have you here! Just wondering if you could expand on this point - I definitely want the rules to be as explicit as possible to ensure what happened at CT doesn't happen here! 

On 5/25/2022 at 10:31 PM, Restitutor said:

Hey Doug! Welcome to the forum, really glad to have you here! Just wondering if you could expand on this point - I definitely want the rules to be as explicit as possible to ensure what happened at CT doesn't happen here! 

Someone over there messaged me assuming that I was the Doug that ran the place.  I know each of you has different things that you find offensive.  Rules protect those offended by matters of race, religion and national origin but omit anything that will prevent me being confused with another Doug.  

• Laugh 4