New toy

I have been working non stop/ so little free time. But I did buy this....

1958 Corvette/ car was built brand new parts/

C-4 new drivetrain

modern Corvette 450 HP engine

58 NOS interior

58 body/ exterior/ trim

IMG_2165.JPG

IMG_2166.JPG

IMG_2167.JPG

• Like 11
  • Heart Eyes 7
  • Mind blown 1
  • Shock 1

Thanks guys!

Two weeks ago/ I was cutting a lawn adjacent to my old house in Greely. My neighbour worked for Air Canada/ but restored classic cars/ engines as a side hobby/ extra income. As fate had it/ he came over to see me and said he had something to show me. I took a break from work and went to his work shop/ inside he had a 63 split window coupe. The car was his new restoration project. we then went to his house and he had two fully restored 58 vettes in his garage. He asked me if I had a rich lawn client who could buy one of them. I asked him/ what are you asking? I was expecting 180-240K US. When he said 90K Canadian dollars/ I was shocked and said I would buy it. So/ I will have to save up and spend less money on coins. So/ I will work full bore and make enough to get car + some nice coins.

• Like 4

• Benefactor
45 minutes ago, panzerman said:

Two weeks ago/ I was cutting a lawn adjacent to my old house in Greely. My neighbour worked for Air Canada/ but restored classic cars/ engines as a side hobby/ extra income. As fate had it/ he came over to see me and said he had something to show me. I took a break from work and went to his work shop/ inside he had a 63 split window coupe. The car was his new restoration project. we then went to his house and he had two fully restored 58 vettes in his garage. He asked me if I had a rich lawn client who could buy one of them. I asked him/ what are you asking? I was expecting 180-240K US. When he said 90K Canadian dollars/ I was shocked and said I would buy it. So/ I will have to save up and spend less money on coins. So/ I will work full bore and make enough to get car + some nice coins.

Nice addition! It even has a great provenance.

The only thing is it may be difficult to fit in the album. It'll probably need a specialty box.

My primary surprise is you haven't painted it gold. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Big Smile 4

I like the colour combo. Gold is my least fav. colour.

On 5/31/2024 at 12:07 AM, kirispupis said:

Nice addition! It even has a great provenance.

The only thing is it may be difficult to fit in the album. It'll probably need a specialty box.

My primary surprise is you haven't painted it gold. 🙂 

I can't stand "gold" as a color for cars/ silver is much nicer. My fav. color is "candy brandywine".  The Corvette was custom painted candy shappire blue/ with silver insert. Looks WAAAAY better in person then photo. One of my lawn clients has a 67 427/435HP vette with sidepipes/ tripower/ tuxedo black/ red stinger/ truely awesome/ paid $345K at Barrett Jackson/ its manual 4 sp. so I cannot drive it/ only know automatic!

John

It will be stored in my garage under custom cover. Since I work 95+ hrs a wk/ not much time to drive it. Maybe to go grocery shopping....

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...