INTERVIEW WITH A MEMBER: LONGINUS

Ocatarinetabellatchitchix

• Benefactor

Thanks both to @Ocatarinetabellatchitchix for another great interview, and to @LONGINUS for allowing us to learn more about you, and for giving us another opportunity to see all those beautiful coins. I love the virtual trays so much; I think they're the most attractive I've ever seen. I find it fascinating that every one of the background colors used is "non-standard" for coin trays (except perhaps the red background used for the Roman Imperial tray), but each sets off the coins perfectly.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

Another fantastic interview @Ocatarinetabellatchitchix and @LONGINUS. Ray is one of the nicest people on the forum and we are fortunate to have him here.

I always enjoy your posters as well, Ray. Your collection of denarii and antoniniani are especially impressive.

A few years ago I was honored to receive Saturnalia presets from Longinus and part of the yearly exchange. Included were some wonderful examples of Ray’s creative genius. The poster is proudly displayed in my library.

IMG_7328.jpeg.b6967f804ea6002073e518a440859007.jpeg

IMG_7330.jpeg.d722522d9b0b3e613cbf5244da529553.jpeg

A few of my ex Longinus coins for good measure.

Obulco_AE28.jpeg.77cf5ba161f193aa3f353c62baf7e3bf.jpeg

Apollodotus_I_AE_Hemiobol.jpeg.a238d92460c71a6805cc8c924b836df9.jpeg

Edited by Curtisimo
  • Like 3
  • Clap 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Great interview, thank you @Ocatarinetabellatchitchix and @LONGINUS!
I'm always amazed when I look at the virtual coin trays, too. Not only due to the stunning visual presentation. The selection of coins seems incredibly thoughtful to me; they fit together in terms of toning, centering, grade,... and they complement each other regarding their reverses. 
Not only the visual representations that Longinus creates but also the composition of the collection by itself looks like an artwork to me. 

Edited by Salomons Cat
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...