Leu knowingly selling stolen coins?

JimBranson

14 minutes ago, Ricardo123 said:

So this auction house is saint and perfectly honest ?

No one has ever said that. That in no way absolves Leu from selling stolen coins. I think it's well understood that these auction houses, (Leu, CNG, many more) may sell coins from dubious sources -- potentially looted. And if you've got evidence beyond pure speculation, we would all love to see it. So that's an everyone problem.

Selling coins reported stolen from a collector may just be a Leu problem. Much more easily proven too.

• Like 1
  • Yes 1

43 minutes ago, Ricardo123 said:

My point: we have thread bashing Leu started by a guy from cng. So this auction house is saint and perfectly honest ? @David Atherton you don’t like conspiracy theory, but you maybe like fairy tail. Here one for you: once upon a time, a new collection of 480 coins from Mysia Kyzikos arrived on the market. Incredibly rare variant in the batch, even never seen specimens, also many die match. 480 coins. How many have pedigree ? ZERO. How many can we track from previous sale ? ZERO. How many of the rareties have been discussed, or analysed in any publications or litterature in the world ? ZERO. How many are in plates somewhere ? ZERO.  How many have been seen before except by the seller ? ZERO. Your conclusion David ? Sleep well sweet dreams with this cute story !

I rest my case.

• Smile 1

This thread has reached six pages of replies yet no one has mentioned that just five years ago Leu was the victim of a massive Christmas Eve robbery.

586 lots from a closed auction were taken.  Some of the lots were group lots, thus the number of stolen coins was larger.

https://coinsweekly.com/leu-numismatik-ag-robbed-on-christmas-eve/

None of those lots ever reappeared on the market.

• Thanks 1
  • Shock 1

48 minutes ago, Ed Snible said:

This thread has reached six pages of replies yet no one has mentioned that just five years ago Leu was the victim of a massive Christmas Eve robbery.

Well, i did on page 3 already! i just liked the irony of it! 

On 8/27/2023 at 10:26 AM, Limes said:

Ironically, when I did just that, a thread on cointalk and Forum popped up about Leu being the victim of stolen coins, in 2018!)

• Like 2
  • Cool Think 1