Thanks for the votes everyone. I just posted my list.

Curtisimo

Should Curtisimo Post a Very Late Top 10?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should I post a very late 2022 Top 10?

• Yes, let's see those coins.
    • No, you missed your window.

Until last year, I had posted a Top 10 list every year since 2016.  At the end of last year my free time was completely taken up with moving to a new house and spending time with my wife preparing for our first child (due any day now!).

I had about half of my favorite coins photographed and my camera was packed up (plus I was too busy to use it anyway). I have recently had a bit of time to catch up on my coin photography and be a bit more active on the forum.  I am tempted to post my Top 10 now but I am also a bit hesitant due to it being well past he traditional timeframe.

Therefore I figured I would post this question to the forum.  Please note that I am not just fishing for the answer I want to hear.  I love the festive atmosphere of the Top 10 season as well as anyone and recognize the tradition works best at the year's end.

So what do you think? Is it poor NF etiquette to post a very late Top 10?

Edit: 4-19-2023

I just posted my Top 10 of 2022.  Thanks to everyone who voted! See below for a link to my Top 10.

Edited by Curtisimo
  • Like 4
  • Cool Think 1
  • Popcorn 2

15 minutes ago, Curtisimo said:

No harm in this so go for it. I can’t imagine anyone getting on your back about something as trivial as this. But if anyone does get upset over it, they should expect a Top 10 of 2011 post from me (the year that I first started collecting ancients) 😁.

Edited by ValiantKnight
  • Like 3
  • Smile 1
  • Smile 1

18 minutes ago, ValiantKnight said:

expect a Top 10 of 2011 post from me (the year that I first started collecting ancients) 😁.

I’m genuinely looking forward to seeing that!

I bet it took me 3 years or so after I started to even get to 10 total coins.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sand said:

@Curtisimo I would like to see it. For me, it's never too late, to post a top 10 list. I would also like to see @ValiantKnight's top 10 list for 2011.

I would like to second @sand’s petition to @ValiantKnight.  With the additional request that he explain if he would, or would not, buy each coin today, given a dozen more year’s experience collecting.  

• Like 3
  • Yes 1

13 hours ago, Curtisimo said:

Until last year, I had posted a Top 10 list every year since 2016.  At the end of last year my free time was completely taken up with moving to a new house and spending time with my wife preparing for our first child (due any day now!).

I had about half of my favorite coins photographed and my camera was packed up (plus I was too busy to use it anyway). I have recently had a bit of time to catch up on my coin photography and be a bit more active on the forum.  I am tempted to post my Top 10 now but I am also a bit hesitant due to it being well past he traditional timeframe.

Therefore I figured I would post this question to the forum.  Please note that I am not just fishing for the answer I want to hear.  I love the festive atmosphere of the Top 10 season as well as anyone and recognize the tradition works best at the year's end.

Yes, show your coins, no matter when or how or why! 

And congratulations, with the little one arriving soon. And sorry, but somehow I had imagined you being much older actually, because of your exquisite taste in coins! Not that that taste is age related, but for some reason... Well, anyway, all the best of health! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all for your thoughts and votes. I’m now very much looking forward to pulling together a few notes and posting my Top 10 soon. It sounds like we might be seeing a few more list from a few others which is awesome! I love the top lists.

Also, thank you @Limes and @Ursus for your kind words and well wishes. My wife and I could not be more excited to be adding a new member to our family. 🙂 

Edited by Curtisimo
  • Like 8

• Curtisimo changed the title to Thanks for the votes everyone. I just posted my list.