Leu Shipping and Cost?

The_Collector

7 hours ago, El Cazador said:

Which coin?

Yesterday I got only the cheapest one I have bid:
https://leunumismatik.com/en/lot/39/2296/[39] 

My favorite and wish was the Nero Poppaea - but as I said - I got the same type in October 22 at CNG for 1200 USD - and I dont pay 5000 CHF for this. At 2400 CHF - and this is much enough - I go out of the race: https://leunumismatik.com/en/lot/39/2323/[39] 

This I want also - but not enough. Want this Caligula provincial - but end of the race was 400 CHF for me. It's smoothed and (!) re-patinated - so I mean not more than 400 CHF: https://leunumismatik.com/en/lot/39/2176/[39]

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Cordoba said:

how long does it usually take leu to ship coins out once invoices are paid? i won 2 coins, one hammered for a lot less than i expected. might be because the lot before was a much better example of the coin

As the last auctions - invoice, shipping, arriving - calculate 2-3 Weeks you get the coin. Its very different when you invoice comes, shipped and delivered. But in the average it will takes for all 2-3 weeks. I am not sure it will arrived before Christmas.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2022 at 4:17 AM, Roman Collector said:

Most European auction houses accept PayPal, too, but not all of them.

Not only does paying with PayPal usually incur an extra fee (to cover the fact that the seller gets about 4% less than you send), they also give a very unfavorable exchange rate, 4% worse than Wise.com, making a total of about 8% in PayPal fees. In contrast, the total fees for Wise.com are about 1%. Why should we give PayPal 8%? 

Edited by Valentinian
  • Like 1
  • Yes 1

2 minutes ago, Valentinian said:

Not only does paying with PayPal usually incur an extra fee (to cover the fact that the seller gets about 4% less than you send), they also give a very unfavorable exchange rate, 4% worse than Wise.com, making a total of abut 8% in PayPal fees. In contrast, the total fees for Wise.com are about 1%. Why should we give PayPal 8%? 

Problem is most time not the dealer or auction house - PayPal is the problem. They will take up to 4.5% (or is it more) with fee - and if there are some currency issues - from USD to EUR or CHF - you must pay more fees. I dont like PayPal - because they are greedy for the fees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valentinian said:

Not only does paying with PayPal usually incur an extra fee (to cover the fact that the seller gets about 4% less than you send), they also give a very unfavorable exchange rate, 4% worse than Wise.com, making a total of about 8% in PayPal fees. In contrast, the total fees for Wise.com are about 1%. Why should we give PayPal 8%? 

Wise.com is great - have used it myself, but let's note that the smart way to use PayPal is only via your credit card, and select local currency when paying so that it's your credit card doing the currency conversion, and NOT PayPal using their own rates. Bonus if your credit card does cash back.

Most auction houses charge you to use credit cards as well as PayPal, to cover their costs, but I was pleasantly surprised a couple of days ago to pay a Naumann invoice by credit card and see there were zero fees. Since I get 1.5% cash back, that means they're paying me to pay by credit card !!

• Like 2

I almost always use Wise.  The invoice I got from Leu this morning had 3 methods of payment.  Bank transfer, Credit Card, and Paypal, all had an extra charge but the bank transfer had an additional charge of 12 CHF.  I think Leu is the only firm I've dealt with that charges extra for bank transfer.  My winning lot was less than 200 CHF.  The credit card option of 2.8% was the least expensive, so I used that for this instead of Wise.

• Like 1

• Benefactor
2 hours ago, SteveJBrinkman said:

I almost always use Wise.  The invoice I got from Leu this morning had 3 methods of payment.  Bank transfer, Credit Card, and Paypal, all had an extra charge but the bank transfer had an additional charge of 12 CHF.  I think Leu is the only firm I've dealt with that charges extra for bank transfer.  My winning lot was less than 200 CHF.  The credit card option of 2.8% was the least expensive, so I used that for this instead of Wise.

I believe I've encountered the same kind of charge with other firms, but I can't remember which. I confess I don't get it: I find it hard to believe that their own bank charges them to receive a bank transfer into their account!

• Like 1

• Benefactor
32 minutes ago, Valentinian said:

Leu knows this is not needed for Wise.com, so they have agreed to let me remove the 12 CHF fee and just pay the rest.

I should have thought of that all the times I've paid them that fee for transfers via Wise.com!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Heliodromus said:

Yeah - same here, but maybe not being in the mail over Christmas isn't such a bad thing!

I let me surprise - because they write me, that the shipping process will start (now). It's possible that will be different from CH to GER as CH to USA - the way ist shorter and faster. But it also can be, that they will mean, shipping process will start, but shipping self at January 2023.

But yes - same here. if the Christmas days comes near I will also stop shipping for my customers. 
I dont think you (customers) want your (expensive) coins in any storage over this free days. So sometimes its better (and saver) to wait.

World Orders outside EU I think I will shipped before 16.12. and then make a stop.
inside EU I think I will send at 19.12. and then stopped.