Did anyone buy anything from Numismad Auction 5?

Harry G

Hi all

Did anyone else buy anything from Numismad auction 5? It was on the 12th November, and I'm a bit concerned they haven't marked my coins as dispatched yet, and was wondering if they normally take a while to post.

I sent Numismad an email on the 19th, and they replied quickly saying that it would be posted that week (but it hasn't).

Any thoughts?

Many thanks!

1 hour ago, Harry G said:

Just got a tracking number!

... from Bucephalus? Apparently.

I haven't ordered anything from them before, so I can only assume that the package is from Numismad

Woah! That is interesting and probably only highlights the suspected link between the two. Numismad and Bucephalus accidentally listed the same coin a few weeks back, prompting biddr to get involved. I'm fairly certain at this point that they're owned and operated by the same people

• Like 1
  • Mind blown 1

1 hour ago, zadie said:

Woah! That is interesting and probably only highlights the suspected link between the two. Numismad and Bucephalus accidentally listed the same coin a few weeks back, prompting biddr to get involved. I'm fairly certain at this point that they're owned and operated by the same people

Ah yes, I forgot about that (I think I was the one that originally posted it here lol).

Interestingly, the package seems to be coming from Belgium (where Bucephalus is located), rather than Poland (where Numismad supposedly is).

Screenshot_20221208-161522__01__01.jpg.f37f669b36ef9b0e09e99df98e989bc6.jpg

Screenshot_20221208-162019__01.jpg.d9568d1586d5f29a1174d9304b582388.jpg

I can't say for certain this package is from Numismad, though, although it seems logical given that I'm not expecting anything else! The estimated delivery date is tomorrow, but that seems unlikely given that it's still in Belgium!

Will update this post if it is the coins from Numismad.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Harry G said:

Ah yes, I forgot about that (I think I was the one that originally posted it here lol).

Interestingly, the package seems to be coming from Belgium (where Bucephalus is located), rather than Poland (where Numismad supposedly is).

Screenshot_20221208-161522__01__01.jpg.f37f669b36ef9b0e09e99df98e989bc6.jpg

Screenshot_20221208-162019__01.jpg.d9568d1586d5f29a1174d9304b582388.jpg

I can't say for certain this package is from Numismad, though, although it seems logical given that I'm not expecting anything else! The estimated delivery date is tomorrow, but that seems unlikely given that it's still in Belgium!

Will update this post if it is the coins from Numismad.

The plot thickens! My purchases with Numismad have always come from Poland:

image.png.68019c3858b7de1246eaec48e9876563.png

• Shock 1

Surprisingly, the coins did arrive today! (The day after posting), and it is indeed (mostly) the lots I ordered from Numismad. It looks like they mixed up one of the small groups I bought (I paid 26EUR for a lot of antoninianii and got a 70EUR lot of Byzantine folles!) Will reach out to them and see what they want to do

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

So, 1. delayed shipping and they replied to your email stating they will ship the next day and they didn't. 2. you participate in an auction and receive coins from another house (at least technically) 3. they managed to mix the lots.

For me, this is enough information to avoid both the houses mentioned.

• Like 3