Rosemont coin show 2022

Petar_rc13

• 2 months later...

Bumping this thread back up as the date is nearing and got a reminder from CNG! Debating going myself, have never been to a coin show before and this one is close by. Anyone going? 

Classical Numismatic Group will be attending the ANA World's Fair of Money from 16-20 August at the Donald E. Stevens Convention Center, 5555 N. River Road, Rosemont (Chicago), IL. Visit us at tables 1425 and 1427, in the Ancients section. 

We will have with us our regular show inventory, as well as the Summer 2022 Classical Numismatic Review, with exclusive availability to show attendees on Tuesday, 16 August before its general release online at 7 PM EST. Keystone 8, featuring Ptolemaic and Byzantine coinage from the Ken Bressett Collection, the Gasvoda Collection of Canadian Large Cents, and the RH Collection of Canadian Blacksmith & Related Tokens will be available for lot viewing.

We are currently soliciting consignments for our flagship Triton auction, to be held live at the New York International Numismatic Convention on 10-11 January 2023. 

The occasion will be even more special as two members of our London staff, David Guest and Paul Hill, will be on hand at the ANA for the first time in three years. We look forward to seeing you in Chicago!

• Like 1

• Benefactor

HJB will be there of course, with most of our stock since it's local and we don't have to deal with shipping coins or hand-carrying them on a plane. I'll be at the table Wednesday for sure; maybe Friday also, although Rosemount is a dreadful place and I hate schlepping out there.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Restitutor said:

Bumping this thread back up as the date is nearing and got a reminder from CNG! Debating going myself, have never been to a coin show before and this one is close by. Anyone going? 

Classical Numismatic Group will be attending the ANA World's Fair of Money from 16-20 August at the Donald E. Stevens Convention Center, 5555 N. River Road, Rosemont (Chicago), IL. Visit us at tables 1425 and 1427, in the Ancients section. 

We will have with us our regular show inventory, as well as the Summer 2022 Classical Numismatic Review, with exclusive availability to show attendees on Tuesday, 16 August before its general release online at 7 PM EST. Keystone 8, featuring Ptolemaic and Byzantine coinage from the Ken Bressett Collection, the Gasvoda Collection of Canadian Large Cents, and the RH Collection of Canadian Blacksmith & Related Tokens will be available for lot viewing.

We are currently soliciting consignments for our flagship Triton auction, to be held live at the New York International Numismatic Convention on 10-11 January 2023. 

The occasion will be even more special as two members of our London staff, David Guest and Paul Hill, will be on hand at the ANA for the first time in three years. We look forward to seeing you in Chicago!

I won't be able to attend, but if you've never been to a coin show before , you really ought to try to attend. There is nothing like the excitement and energy of a show, especially the ANA and the NY international. I doubt you would be disappointed.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Phil Davis said:

HJB will be there of course, with most of our stock since it's local and we don't have to deal with shipping coins or hand-carrying them on a plane. I'll be at the table Wednesday for sure; maybe Friday also, although Rosemount is a dreadful place and I hate schlepping out there.

Lol! I heard from friends it’s gotten nicer over the years and they have a pretty good mall with indoor skydiving 🤯 What times we live in! 

Probably won’t be able to get up until Friday, much like @Romancollector, work prohibits an earlier arrival. Will most of the vendors/dealers still be there on Friday? I recall reading in a post a few years ago that most of the “action” at coin shows happens on the first day. Not sure if that means the booths thin out over the days or not. Hopefully not!

Thinking this will be a good opportunity to help spread the word further about our site, so going to do my best to get there for Friday! Will likely be in a Numis Forums t shirt assuming I can get one made in time 😃

• Like 1

• Benefactor
17 hours ago, Phil Davis said:

I didn't know that you were with HJB. A celebrity in our midst! I always stop by the HJB table at NYINC when I'm there, of course.

I admit that when I saw the thread title I had no idea where Rosemont was, let alone that it was in (near?) Chicago. Despite the fact that my son went to the U. of Chicago as an undergraduate and I visited him a number of times.

• Like 1

• Benefactor
4 minutes ago, DonnaML said:

I didn't know that you were with HJB. A celebrity in our midst! I always stop by the HJB table at NYINC when I'm there, of course.

I admit that when I saw the thread title I had no idea where Rosemont was, let alone that it was in (near?) Chicago. Despite the fact that my son went to the U. of Chicago as an undergraduate and I visited him a number of times.

Yeah, it's hard to believe but I've been associated with HJB for over 20 years; mostly but not totally retired these days. And yeah, Rosemont is a burb, actual population maybe 12. It's possible I'm exaggerating a bit, lol, but it's not a place people live. It's just one giant mass of convention centers, arenas and hotels.

• Like 2

• Benefactor
5 minutes ago, Phil Davis said:

Yeah, it's hard to believe but I've been associated with HJB for over 20 years; mostly but not totally retired these days. And yeah, Rosemont is a burb, actual population maybe 12. It's possible I'm exaggerating a bit, lol, but it's not a place people live. It's just one giant mass of convention centers, arenas and hotels.

Have you ever been at the HJB table at NYINC? I know Aaron Berk was there this year, but it was somebody else in January 2020, right before the pandemic. I remember spending quite a long time there that year going through just about everything, and bought a couple of Roman Republican coins if I recall correctly. Little did I know it was going to be my last chance to go to a coin show for a couple of years.

Edited by DonnaML
  • Like 1

• Benefactor
4 minutes ago, DonnaML said:

Have you ever been at the HJB table at NYINC? I know Aaron Berk was there this year, but it was somebody else in January 2020, right before the pandemic. I remember spending quite a long time there that year going through just about everything, and bought a couple of Roman Republican coins if I recall correctly. Little did I know it was going to be my last chance to go to a coin show for a couple of years.

2020 was the last time I've been to NY. I was definitely at the table a fair amount, but not all the time. If it wasn't Aaron or Harlan you saw, it almost certainly was me.

Edited by Phil Davis
  • Like 2