Bucephalus Numismatic, Gold Auktion 7 - any other bidders here?

Prieure de Sion

Hello...

Are there other users here who participated as bidders in the "Bucephalus Numismatic, Gold Auction 7"? 

If so.
Have you already paid your bill?
Did you get any feedback?

Background. I have paid my bill via WISE. Those who know WISE know that you can make instant transfers here - i.e. the money is on the recipient's account within seconds. This is also the case with Bucephalus. Especially that Bucephalus, like WISE, has an account in Belgium. I transferred the invoice - and WISE immediately informed me that the amount had arrived on Bucephalus' account.

Of course, I gave the company 1-2 days to change the status at biddr. But they did not. So I wrote to Bucephalus saying that the money was already in your account. Here I got another answer - the money was not there. So I checked the bank details and the reason for payment - everything was correct. Later, I wrote to Bucephalus again, saying that the money must now be in their account in any case. They said - no, nothing is there.

Yesterday, after more than a week, I wrote to WISE Support to ask them where the money was - and they replied. The money was transferred immediately and has been on the recipient's account since the transfer. The money had therefore already been on their account for a week.

I then wrote to Bucephalus to say that WISE had made an enquiry and that the money was in their account after all. Since then they have not replied. Radio silence now.

I will write to biddr support about this. Has anyone else bought something? Was there any reaction after a transfer? Or even sent goods? Has there been any sign of life from the company? Otherwise I'm getting nervous.

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, shanxi said:

I paid on Oct. 4 by wire transfer. On biddr it still says "Payment pending"

I have written to the biddr Support if they know more. I will share the feedback here.

I am wondering why Bucephalus said last week to me - they don’t have my money - but they have! And why now it’s silence. I hope I get wrong. 

@SimonW answered me quickly with my support question. He told me, that ca. 3/4 of the invoices had the status "payed" - so it seems - the people of Bucephalus alive. Why thy told me they dont have my money since a week - and why they dont write me back this week - I dont know. Ok.. so I have new hope all will be ok. 

@shanxi I think - and hope - your status will also change this week.

There was no problem at all with payment and my invoice was changed to "paid" promptly. The coin was shipped on 5 October. It has not yet arrived in the US, which is strange, but not worrisome at this point.

The Belgian post office tracking states, "On the way to United States. Your parcel has left our international sorting center and is on the way to its destination."

The US postal service tracking states, "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment. Processed Through Facility: BRUSSELS EUROPEAN MAIL CENTRE, BELGIUM, October 5, 2022, 3:28 am."

So, it's apparently over the Atlantic????? It has been this status for days now.

• Clap 1

9 minutes ago, Roman Collector said:

There was no problem at all with payment and my invoice was changed to "paid" promptly. The coin was shipped on 5 October. It has not yet arrived in the US, which is strange, but not worrisome at this point.

The Belgian post office tracking states, "On the way to United States. Your parcel has left our international sorting center and is on the way to its destination."

The US postal service tracking states, "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment. Processed Through Facility: BRUSSELS EUROPEAN MAIL CENTRE, BELGIUM, October 5, 2022, 3:28 am."

So, it's apparently over the Atlantic????? It has been this status for days now.

No, it waits for his flight. They sometimes take forever to just get them on a plane.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Roman Collector said:

13 minutes ago, Mucius Scaevola said:

No, it waits for his flight. They sometimes take forever to just get them on a plane.

Yes - this takes I while. If I send with normal mail a coin - because customer want cheap shipping method - there are 1, 2 or 3 weeks in the cargo flight center to stay without any changes absolut normal. 

PS: after biddr write Bucephalus a message - Bucephalus will now contact me too. their bank have issues - so some transfers they will see too late. All thats for me no problem. everybody can get every time some problems - thats life. But I write them - tell the customers with a short mail - and all will be ok. But - ok - Bucephalus said sorry - all will be fine - and thanks to biddr for fast reaction. now I know what happens - so its closed for me.

Edited by Prieure de Sion
  • Like 2

• Benefactor

I bid on seven coins and won two, including my top priority for the auction. They sent an invoice the day after the auction and I paid it then via PayPal (the 4.5% surcharge is high, but the total wasn't so high and I prefer to use PayPal with new sellers). Going forward, I'll probably use bank transfers since I'm trying to get away from PayPal. In my experience, bank transfers are sometimes slow. I know Roma, who I've used many times and trust, sometimes takes a week or more to get coins out.

The coins shipped and I received them on Friday. My experience with Bucephalus is therefore positive.

• Benefactor

There is something one has to be very careful with when bidding in the lower tier auctions.  Many of these guys have various associations with other dealers and bank account numbers can and do change.  I learned the hard way a couple times that I need to double check precisely where I am sending the money to, otherwise it can go to the wrong account, thus creating delays.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, KenDorney said:

There is something one has to be very careful with when bidding in the lower tier auctions.  Many of these guys have various associations with other dealers and bank account numbers can and do change.  I learned the hard way a couple times that I need to double check precisely where I am sending the money to, otherwise it can go to the wrong account, thus creating delays.

As soon as the auction ends at biddr - an invoice is generated by the system. In the menu item "my invoices" you can find the corresponding invoice data in detail - among others also the bank details of the auction house (which were deposited by the auction house). It is not possible to make a wrong transfer by mistake - unless the auction house itself gives a wrong bank account.

In that case, I simply mark the IBAN number in the details - cmd & copy - and add the number directly to the transfer form. That way there are no mistakes. Unless - as just written - the auction house has entered a wrong or outdated bank account.

Edited by Prieure de Sion

I've bought from them numerous times and nothing but positive interactions. I paid via Wise once I got the invoice and like @Roman Collectormy coins are chilling in Brussels for a few days. Their shipping is no Savoca...but who else is?

That they didn't reply to your email is certainly concerning and I would recommend reaching out to BIDDR. Whenever I have had issues with auction houses and let BIDDR know I have gotten a response from the auction houses within a day or 2.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Prieure de Sion said:

Hello...

Are there other users here who participated as bidders in the "Bucephalus Numismatic, Gold Auction 7"? 

If so.
Have you already paid your bill?
Did you get any feedback?

Background. I have paid my bill via WISE. Those who know WISE know that you can make instant transfers here - i.e. the money is on the recipient's account within seconds. This is also the case with Bucephalus. Especially that Bucephalus, like WISE, has an account in Belgium. I transferred the invoice - and WISE immediately informed me that the amount had arrived on Bucephalus' account.

Of course, I gave the company 1-2 days to change the status at biddr. But they did not. So I wrote to Bucephalus saying that the money was already in your account. Here I got another answer - the money was not there. So I checked the bank details and the reason for payment - everything was correct. Later, I wrote to Bucephalus again, saying that the money must now be in their account in any case. They said - no, nothing is there.

Yesterday, after more than a week, I wrote to WISE Support to ask them where the money was - and they replied. The money was transferred immediately and has been on the recipient's account since the transfer. The money had therefore already been on their account for a week.

I then wrote to Bucephalus to say that WISE had made an enquiry and that the money was in their account after all. Since then they have not replied. Radio silence now.

I will write to biddr support about this. Has anyone else bought something? Was there any reaction after a transfer? Or even sent goods? Has there been any sign of life from the company? Otherwise I'm getting nervous.

Thank you.

I paid via paypal and received my coin last week. It's a rather rare piece so I chose the FedX shipping option. 

It is always easy to criticise - but one should also publicise positive things. After the facts were quickly clarified - Bucephalus also reacted very quickly! I would like to mention that in a positive way. The beautiful Nero coin also arrived directly today with FedEx. Once again, my thanks to Bucephalus for clarifying the matter so quickly.

And something else positive - look what a nice coin Bucephalus auctioned off. Isn't it beautiful?

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3