Frozen in time..

galba68

This is such an adorable artifact! The owner must have been a bit mad at the dog for ruining his brand new brick.
But hey, we never get mad with our doggos.

I have this Hadrian AS with some very curious gashes on Hadrian's face.
By the patina formed over the shizeled areas, it seems like this was made in antiquity.
What happened here? Someone angry at Hadrian? He was one of the 5 Good Emperors after all, so what gives?

s-l1600hadr.jpg

Edited by Leo
typo
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, Leo said:

This is such an adorable artifact! The owner must have been a bit mad at the dog for ruining his brand new brick.

By the patina formed over the shizeled areas, it seems like this was made in antiquity.
What happened here? Someone angry at Hadrian? He was one of the 5 Good Emperors after all, so what gives?

s-l1600hadr.jpg

That's what happens when your keys start rubbing with the coins in your pocket, lol. At least that's what I fear will happen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leo said:

s-l1600hadr.jpg

Damnatio memoriae..!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Leo said:

s-l1600hadr.jpg

Can’t please everyone.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, galba68 said:

I only collect whole Roman bricks with animal paw prints, but, gift is a gift!

One of my bricks-

upload_2020-5-27_22-6-12.jpg

Beeeeautiful! And so excited to see you over here!

Would love to see more of your imprints collection. 

I only have two Roman bricks from Spain thanks to bcuda (I hope he joins, but hasn't seen him in a while on the old place):

20220527_163320.thumb.jpg.b23a192d780bdac2b22d9f47b13ed90b.jpg

This one has the only imprint and, of course, is a pain in the ass to photograph:

20220527_163349.thumb.jpg.650df0ad239f334c388ab914fe5e4ed6.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Leo said:

s-l1600hadr.jpg

Hadrian had notably bad, selfish character.

He's one of the "good" emperors simply because the state was at its peak. He was, however, the only ruler of the period whom we know was despised by his large segments of his subjects.

• Like 2