Gallery?

Spaniard

That is a very good question! A gallery, similar to www.forumancientcoins.com something like that. 

And if it is not yet possible - would that be possible to implement @Admins? 

If there was a good possibility of a personal gallery here - I think many would use that. You could then also browse through what your fellow collectors have. That would also interest me.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, shanxi said:

It's already there but hidden. Just randomly I selected the gallery of Paddy54:

https://www.numisforums.com/profile/25-paddy54/content/?type=gallery_image&change_section=1

You have to access the gallery via "all activity" in the respective profile.

But that's just a gallery of images and albums you've posted to the forums. So in order to add anything in your gallery, you have to make a post about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, shanxi said:

See my "Gallery". I only uploaded one picture to the gallery, to test it:

Thanks....Could you sort of walk me through it as you're using the word "upload" 😱.......Sorry for being crap, I do find the Forumn gallery easy to use but I thought it would be nice to set up one here.

I'm on my mobile so I think this is the problem, there is no gallery tag....

Edited by Spaniard

2 minutes ago, Spaniard said:

Thanks....Could you sort of walk me through it as you're using the word "upload" 😱.......

Now this is strange.

If you go to the gallery 

https://www.numisforums.com/gallery/

you can see several uploaded pictures from Zimm or Al Kowsky and mine. If you click on "members galleries" more pictures are visible (about 50).

Mine, uploaded on June 17 appears to be the newest. No later uploads.

I remember that there was a possibility for uploads in the gallery, but either I am stupid or it is gone ?????????

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, shanxi said:

No it's not the same.

See my "Gallery". I only uploaded one picture to the gallery, to test it:

https://www.numisforums.com/profile/149-shanxi/content/?type=gallery_image&change_section=1

and believe me, I have postet much more pictures 😁

My bad, when I went to look for mine it just showed me images I commented, but now I see the drop down menu where I can choose my gallery. 

gal.jpg.d83b5010151e827f2e7eda423cc309ec.jpg

To have a Gallery button doesn't help if you can't upload to the gallery.

If you want to see all pictures you posted, you can go to "My Attachments". These are two different things.

Edited by shanxi
  • Thanks 1

I should note, I'm on android so it may be different from you if you're on ios or desktop. But I went to my profile and clicked this button here:Screenshot_20220730-163710_Chrome.jpg.b21ef6ee3860877e7a2e71e2979cb6ca.jpg

Then in almost the almost the same spot a drop down menu called 'content type' appears. It's in that menu.

• Thanks 1

And just for comparison, what I see. The only lonely coin I uploaded on June 17.

We need the upload button back! Maybe we should organize a "Sit-In" in front of our computers for that.

gal2.jpg.6dc7749681993b3527b7a0524724cc59.jpg

Edited by shanxi
  • Laugh 1

I don’t really understand the logic about the gallery. I upload one single picture. I can edit later the details etc. That’s works good without any problem. 
But so I can upload one single picture after next single picture. But I want create categories. Because one album with Gordianus and Republic coins in the Sam - it’s not funny. But at the register album, I can’t create new albums. Is this function disabled? 

88093FB0-EC83-4B0E-B37E-1EA2810CB7AF.png

322FEC6B-9DBA-43B9-B506-0220718249E0.png

• Thanks 1

Hey, the "Add images" button is back.

....but only if I am not logged in. When I log in it's gone again ?????

There is a decription on the invison homepage. Creating albums must be allowed in the settings.

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/suite-applications/gallery/settings_453/albums-upload-features-r177/

Edited by shanxi