What really grinds my gears

JayAg47

• 2 weeks later...

Sellers on VCoins or MA-Shop who apparently cannot or do not (want to) understand how to deal with the categories.

There are three categories. Early Roman Republic. Late Roman Republic with the emperors like Caesar - until Octavian. And then the third category - the Roman imperial period, which begins with Augustus. Okay - there are even Roman provinces.

But that seems to be too much for some people. Otherwise I can't explain why about 90% of the coins from the Roman imperial period end up in the category "Roman Republic & Emperors"? Even Roman province coins are in this category.

This annoys me! I want to see all the coins from the time of Caesar, Pompey, Marcus Antonius and Brutus and set the filter - and what do I get - 12000 coins found and about 90% are late emperors, provincial coins and whatever else doesn't fit. This is annoying and costs me time because I have to work my way through mountains of wrongly sorted coins.

Is it so difficult to choose the right category?

image.png.19ec1f05f15ece0b458806cf36bfb37b.png

Edited by Prieure de Sion
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Prieure de Sion said:

Sellers on VCoins or MA-Shop who apparently cannot or do not (want to) understand how to deal with the categories.

There are three categories. Early Roman Republic. Late Roman Republic with the emperors like Caesar - until Octavian. And then the third category - the Roman imperial period, which begins with Augustus. Okay - there are even Roman provinces.

But that seems to be too much for some people. Otherwise I can't explain why about 90% of the coins from the Roman imperial period end up in the category "Roman Republic & Emperors"? Even Roman province coins are in this category.

This annoys me! I want to see all the coins from the time of Caesar, Pompey, Marcus Antonius and Brutus and set the filter - and what do I get - 12000 coins found and about 90% are late emperors, provincial coins and whatever else doesn't fit. This is annoying and costs me time because I have to work my way through mountains of wrongly sorted coins.

Is it so difficult to choose the right category?

image.png.19ec1f05f15ece0b458806cf36bfb37b.png

Are they non-German-speaking dealers who don't realize that Kaiserzeit means "imperial period" and simply think Imperatorische means "imperial"?

15 minutes ago, Roman Collector said:

Are they non-German-speaking dealers who don't realize that Kaiserzeit means "imperial period" and simply think Imperatorische means "imperial"?

In MA-SHOP you have the option to change the language to english or french.

but it translates imperatorisch to imperial :classic_biggrin:

cut.JPG.faef1c426995ed57eca432a2032ffd42.JPG 673494030_cut2.JPG.507df1708f985754ef81e92f20c33bb9.JPG

Edited by shanxi