Help ID: Interesting coin Marcus Aurelius Provincial?

Amarmur

4 hours ago, Amarmur said:

Bought in a group lot. Has a colorful patina and has a bearded man most likely Marcus Aurelius on the Obverse and a goddess and some Greek goddess on the reverse. Can you help me ID it?

11685B81-D032-4D6A-9072-599CFB254D56.jpeg

B2F2BB82-CCA8-49CF-9232-43F7FA5CB8EC.jpeg

I see absolutely nothing on the first photo.

• Like 2

It might be all pareidolia, I can vaguely see on the reverse a goddess holding a cornucopia. There are two either trees or thick military standards right to her. There also seem to be something protruding from the goddess' body, though I have no idea what's that.
This type seems to vaguely resemble common reverses from the Antoninian era.

image.png.087bcbf661923847500c20c2e399b98d.png

Edited by Troyden
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, hotwheelsearl said:

Appears to have a seated Zeus left, with Greek text behind and below the throne. Evidently a bearded, laureate bust right.

Based on that, there are a wealth of possibilities. I wonder if its worth the effort, as this would be a hard sell in this condition. 

eh I'm not going to sell it but it's kind of fun doing the research. It's the journey lol. I still believe it is a Marcus Aurelius from Syria. In this condition though even with a full ID its worth a dollar or two.

5 hours ago, Troyden said:

I can vaguely see on the reverse a goddess holding a cornucopia.

Tyche ?? and on the right is probably  a legend in two lines. I can see some readable letters, but can't read enough.

Edited by shanxi

2 hours ago, shanxi said:

Tyche ?? and on the right is probably  a legend in two lines. I can see some readable letters, but can't read enough.

Huhh well that narrows it down to 59 results on wildwinds but can't seem to find an exact match. Could be Commodus perhaps, they do share a resemblance. Tricky but im not giving up!