Milestone Celebration!

Restitutor

Fellow Numisheads,

After a grueling last 4 days of work, it was an incalculable joy to log in today and see we have officially hit 500 members!!! 

image.gif.8f26706597d2e465ab6f816c20bf9052.gif

We've been getting closer and closer these last few days as I'm sure many of you noticed, and I was cautiously optimistic (but to be honest also a little nervous) that we'd get there before our 1 Year Anniversary as a forum (June 1) and lo and behold, we did!!! And not only that, but with 13 days to spare!!

image.gif.c72dd6b0d6df90266c50bcaa2cc360ee.gif

If you had asked me this time last year if I had ever thought that our little forum would become, in such a short amount of time, the most active forum site for ancient coins on the web, I'd have said you must be dreaming! But we did it! Thank you all so much for making this forum what it is. It is an absolute joy to log on here every day and see how active it is, how friendly everyone is, and of course, how beautiful all the coins are. And thank you as well to all our supporters, patrons, and benefactors. It's because of y'all that I can keep the lights on here, and ensure that this forum will never be covered in terrible advertisements and pop ups 😁 Looking forward to celebrating the 1 Year milestone here soon!! 🤩

image.gif.f4aa896b8563dc5075234137e2e9c992.gif

In honor of this milestone, feel free to post any coin that makes you happy!!!

image.png.be957fa93e77fc43199b83ebb94e04b2.png

-Res

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Clap 10
  • Heart Eyes 2

Thunder and lightning in place of fireworks, but the implication of celebration is the same. The most pleasurable, entertaining and instructional site you could ever wish to be a part of. I will be signing up as a supporter in due course.

6zwCK9op5qGsZ8aHqYy24rLBEFb7m3.jpg

• Like 16

Harumble! Three cheers for @Restitutor for making this amazing place possible! 🥳👏

And thanks to each member here who contributes such interesting, informative, and entertaining posts! 😉

In honor of the occasion, here are a couple coins proclaiming the restoration (and in our case, continuation!) of happy times:

constantius_II_fallen_horseman.jpg.82a8ef7fb84da8ab531f7109dd3afcc1.jpg

constantius_II.jpg.fc945b6325f885b7c42f357b508c837d.jpg

• Like 16
  • Heart Eyes 1

In classical Latin, hilaritas connotes a feeling of cheerfulness, gayety, joyousness, merriment, or hilarity ...
Capture.JPG

In other words, hilaritas conveys a sense of happiness along with a sense of cheerfulness or merriment. THIS is hilaritas:

So, let's have some Hilarity!!!

FaustinaJrHILARITASdenarius.jpg.ddbc593b4b831d261543eb36a7db2466.jpg
Faustina II, AD 147-175.
Roman AR denarius, 3.40 g, 17.4 mm, 5 h.
Rome, c. AD 166.
Obv: FAVSTINA AVGVSTA, bust of Faustina II, draped, right, Beckmann type 9 hairstyle.
Rev: HILARITAS, Hilaritas standing left, holding long palm-branch in right hand and cornucopia in left hand.
Refs: RIC 686; BMCRE 100; RSC 111; RCV 5254; CRE 182.

• Like 15

Congrats to you @Restitutor and to the 500+ members who make this forum active, friendly and knowledgeable.

A Vota coin is the thing to post here I guess

4d92861d77724c32b4b2247b67a76b14.jpg

Arcadius, AE4 - Heraclea mint, 1st officina, c. AD 383
DN ARCADIVS PF AVG. Diademed, draped and cuirassed bust right
VOT / V within wreath, SMHA at exergue
1.27g, 14mm, 12h
Ref : RIC IX # 18b, LRBC II # 1964

Q

• Like 8