Lodge Antiquities?

David Atherton

I noticed that too. They had some nice stuff, especially later Roman Empire coins. I bought this Diocletian from Lodge:

diocletian_01.jpg.32b6df72e04c05d1b183c6f8b7c0f5ff.jpg

Another favorite VCoins seller of mine - NeroNumi - also disappeared for awhile but he's back now. Hopefully Lodge Antiquities will return also.

• Like 8
  • Heart Eyes 1

Lodge Antiquities disappeared for quite a while last year (or maybe the year before?) as well around the same time of year! They've been away from vcoins for around a month or two now. I'm certain when I last checked their eBay it was also offline so perhaps they have began the comeback since that has returned.

• Benefactor
1 hour ago, robinjojo said:

I think at the beginning of this year Vcoins no longer allows the sale of antiquities.  Sellers of these items now have their own sites or are using eBay or MA Shops.

Yes, but Lodge was primarily an ancient coin dealer, located in a place called Market Rasen in Lincolnshire in the UK. The last coin I bought from them was my Roman Provincial coin of Severus Alexander showing Asklepios treating the injured paw of a cow or bull, purchased last year. The proprietor was John Cummings. A very nice guy. I hope he's OK.

Edited by DonnaML
  • Like 2

I purchased  a coin from them this evening, a Legate XXI denarius to replace my pretty awful example and to take me very close to my complete Fleet set ( inspired by Bing) and everything worked fine and I paid by Paypal as that is so simple.
I have purchased from Lodge of many years, they are not inexpensive, but grade accurately  and I trust them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dafydd said:

I purchased  a coin from them this evening, a Legate XXI denarius to replace my pretty awful example and to take me very close to my complete Fleet set ( inspired by Bing) and everything worked fine and I paid by Paypal as that is so simple.
I have purchased from Lodge of many years, they are not inexpensive, but grade accurately  and I trust them.

Was this on eBay or VCoins?

• 1 month later...