Unpacking Bags of Coins

KenDorney

• Benefactor

A couple years back I was browsing Youtube and came across these 'unpacking' videos, which are basically as they sound.  I dont know why I started watching them that day, but it gave me the idea to do one of my own.  I thought I had lost the video, but I posted it on Facebook a while back and was able to download it.  I dont quite remember, but I'm sure they were from a Leu auction no longer than two years ago.  It was an interesting group, with only one fake in the batch.  

Group lots in auctions are very fun, but risky.  In this case it was financially unsound as I ended up paying above retail for them (about double!).  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Yes 1
  • Gasp 1
  • Confused 1

Oh, you are THAT Ken Dorney?! I'm stunned I didn't realize earlier 😂 And wow, those coins are awesome!! Apart from all the well known "rarities" like Galbe and the COL NEM dupondius, for me the Gallienus at 5:16 sticks out, that reverse looks remarkably clear! That must have been quite a fortune at double the market price (although I assume it was a lot cheaper back when you bought it?)

• Like 2