Amateur film: The Emperor (in Latin and Teutonic)

Prieure de Sion

I just discovered this nice "film" on YouTube:

"In Latin and Teutonic with English subtitles" - apparently shot with students from the Film Academy. So you shouldn't expect a big Hollywood blockbuster - or even great acting performances a la Ustinov. Whereas - I've just watched a few minutes of it - it's quite great what "they" have achieved with the limited means.

Only some of the actors clearly show that Latin is not their mother tongue and that they sometimes speak "by heart". It stops there now and then and is not fluent. Other actors rattle off Latin as if it were colloquial.

• Like 6
  • Yes 1

Superbus, et, fur meine Freunden aus Germania, wunderbar. Excellent and realistic production with respect to all the impedimenta of soldiering circa 65 AD, though i have trouble following the Classical pronunciation of the Latin. Still for those interested in what it probably sounded like, a trip back in time. And it seems Agrippa is smiling, too.

IMG_2289Marcus Agrippa.jpg

• Like 2
  • Yes 1

I don't thin the actor portraying Galba looks very much like him.

Galba Ar Denarius  Rome 68-69 AD Obv  Head right laureate. Rv. Roma standing right holding victory  and transverse scepter. RIC 199 3.43 grms 19 mm Photo by W Hansengalba1.jpg.ad94d0bf8e429a6ad2187cdf1ddee4ba.jpg

Despite having that hard bitten military look Galba displays what could be the result of cheiloplasty. Did they have lip fillers back then? 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

1 hour ago, kapphnwn said:

I don't thin the actor portraying Galba looks very much like him.

Galba Ar Denarius  Rome 68-69 AD Obv  Head right laureate. Rv. Roma standing right holding victory  and transverse scepter. RIC 199 3.43 grms 19 mm Photo by W Hansengalba1.jpg.ad94d0bf8e429a6ad2187cdf1ddee4ba.jpg

Despite having that hard bitten military look Galba displays what could be the result of cheiloplasty. Did they have lip fillers back then? 

As always quality stuff! Congratulations