eBay shenanigans

JayAg47

21 hours ago, Kali said:

One thing I haven't gotten in months, is ebay bucks. Usually, you get notified when it's available, but I haven't gotten one, in over 6 months, and I spend about 3 figures a month, on ebay, so it isn't a lack of purchasing.

Ebay bucks are no longer granted on purchases since 2021; outside of special promotions (i.e. they are no longer available on every purchase as they used to be)

2 hours ago, Hesiod said:

Ebay bucks are no longer granted on purchases since 2021; outside of special promotions (i.e. they are no longer available on every purchase as they used to be)

I know, I would get the special promotions, now and then, but it's been many months since they even had a promotion.

5 hours ago, red_spork said:

One of my big annoyances with eBay lately is the insistence on charging me sales tax even though my state does not charge sales tax on coins! I don't buy coins that often on eBay but it does add an extra charge I have to be aware of when making offers now.

You should be able to claw that back from them ir eBay (if it's worth the hassle)

10 hours ago, El Cazador said:

Unlikely 

eBay just charged me VAT at 20% instead of 5%. I think it might be because of the (incorrect) category the coin was in, but it was still wrong. They admitted the problem straight away and have refunded me the difference. It was very easy to claim, although it has taken most of the week to actually get the money.

Edited by John Conduitt
  • Like 1