Judaea Capta Video

David Atherton

Hi David. Fantastic coin. I think - a little video shows more than every picture. I (YOTHR) have subscribed to your youtube channel 🙂 

I have one or two constructive points. But you don't have to follow them - they are just hints that you can do or not.

* It's best to use a phone stand or a tripod. This way, the phone rests on the stand and you can also take the coin with the fingers of both hands. You can then rest the palms of your hands on the tabletop. Unfortunately, I still tend - especially with small coins and video zoom, to slight tremors. That is the age with me.

As a cell phone stand I have something very simple - mine cost around 10 euros. Then I have a black cloth or photo cardboard on the tabletop - and so I can take the coin in both hands while the phone takes the film.

One Example:
https://www.amazon.de/GHKN-Verstellbare-Multi-Winkel-Handyhalterung-Handyhalter-Grey/dp/B0BNGNLTQL/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=UEEIWREKP0VJ&keywords=Handy%2Bständer&qid=1674133338&sprefix=handy%2Bständer%2Caps%2C108&sr=8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1 

* And then, if I were you, I would remove the audio track before uploading. Either you explain the coin while recording it with the video (the best sound is via AirPods or similar) or you take the sound out completely. If you have an Apple computer, you can simply delete the sound track with iMovie. Under Windows this is quite easy with the "Windows Movie Maker" or VLC. There are instructions on the Internet.

Since my videos are pure performances of the coins just to show the preservation - I don't speak anything on my videos, I just deleted the soundtrack. Of course, it always depends on what you intend to do with the video and which users you want to reach and why.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

4 minutes ago, CPK said:

@Prieure de Sion By a curious coincidence I was just browsing last night for a nice Constantinopolis commemorative like that. Yours is a very nice one!

The coin was in the store 5 minutes online - after that it was sold and is already on its way to Spain to the new owner.
As always, I regret again a sale - but I can not keep all the sheep...  😄 

• Like 1
  • Smile 1

2 hours ago, Prieure de Sion said:

Hi David. Fantastic coin. I think - a little video shows more than every picture. I (YOTHR) have subscribed to your youtube channel 🙂 

I have one or two constructive points. But you don't have to follow them - they are just hints that you can do or not.

* It's best to use a phone stand or a tripod. This way, the phone rests on the stand and you can also take the coin with the fingers of both hands. You can then rest the palms of your hands on the tabletop. Unfortunately, I still tend - especially with small coins and video zoom, to slight tremors. That is the age with me.

As a cell phone stand I have something very simple - mine cost around 10 euros. Then I have a black cloth or photo cardboard on the tabletop - and so I can take the coin in both hands while the phone takes the film.

One Example:
https://www.amazon.de/GHKN-Verstellbare-Multi-Winkel-Handyhalterung-Handyhalter-Grey/dp/B0BNGNLTQL/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=UEEIWREKP0VJ&keywords=Handy%2Bständer&qid=1674133338&sprefix=handy%2Bständer%2Caps%2C108&sr=8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1 

* And then, if I were you, I would remove the audio track before uploading. Either you explain the coin while recording it with the video (the best sound is via AirPods or similar) or you take the sound out completely. If you have an Apple computer, you can simply delete the sound track with iMovie. Under Windows this is quite easy with the "Windows Movie Maker" or VLC. There are instructions on the Internet.

Since my videos are pure performances of the coins just to show the preservation - I don't speak anything on my videos, I just deleted the soundtrack. Of course, it always depends on what you intend to do with the video and which users you want to reach and why.

I think you and Limes are correct, a tripod may be needed if I intend doing these long term. Thanks for the advice!