Saint-Paul-Trois-Chateaux AV Florin d'or ND

panzerman

Mag-Smegging-Nificent, @panzerman.  The convergence of rarity and condition is stunning.  ...Yeah, and, well, Bling.

...Now I'm wondering just how many different imitations of Florentine florins there were.  They seem to have bred like rabbits.  Easy to see why, since elsewhere, gold coins were just starting to get some acceleration in the 14th century.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JeandAcre said:

Mag-Smegging-Nificent, @panzerman.  The convergence of rarity and condition is stunning.  ...Yeah, and, well, Bling.

...Now I'm wondering just how many different imitations of Florentine florins there were.  They seem to have bred like rabbits.  Easy to see why, since elsewhere, gold coins were just starting to get some acceleration in the 14th century.

That "Florentine Lily" design was used everywhere in Europe/ except England. I think I have around 25 of these. The Spanish feudal ones are tough to get in high quality strikes/ grades. Here is one from Bar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1