What's Next ?

Al Kowsky

During the last 25 years I've seen a lot of strange objects marketed as coins; skulls, baseballs, coins that glow, & now this 🤨.2022-s5d-3oz-blue-mapble-green-planet-with-display-case.jpg.4443cc01791d147db9def8292a1076e4.jpg1018618828_Barbados5.jpg.d289980e791213ddf9823efdec208cdb.jpg

547550561_Barbados2022.jpg.dc5928c207895419adf0546e7cc39a23.jpg

Believe it or not, this 3 oz. marble made of .999 silver is being marketed as a $5.00 coin that is legal tender in Barbados 🤣. It has been enameled by hand, comes with a certificate of authenticity, has a luxury display case, & will arrive in Gem BU condition. Price $399.00. Modern Coin Mart is the vendor hustling these oddities 🤓.

Edited by Al Kowsky
photo added
  • Cry 1
  • Shock 1
  • Mind blown 2
  • Confused 3

I prefer the version with the Meteorite crater :classic_biggrin:

https://www.ma-shops.com/powercoin/item.php?id=2392&ref=froogde1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7ueXs4uM-QIVLo9oCR1EkggnEAQYASABEgLaSPD_BwE&fwdKey=b934ce4f5a672d96cc1a333c807b3b357068f5ef

As a curiosity I would add this to my collection, but of course not at this price.

Edited by shanxi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shanxi said:

I prefer the version with the Meteorite crater :classic_biggrin:

https://www.ma-shops.com/powercoin/item.php?id=2392&ref=froogde1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7ueXs4uM-QIVLo9oCR1EkggnEAQYASABEgLaSPD_BwE&fwdKey=b934ce4f5a672d96cc1a333c807b3b357068f5ef

As a curiosity I would add this to my collection, but of course not at this price.

The Meteorite version is a gem, thanks for posting 🤩!

The Blue Marble Series is the product of MDM Wholesalers, a German firm specializing in bringing together countries and ideas.

According to their brochure, if you have an idea -- or better yet, hold rights to a comic book or movie franchise -- you can get your idea minted by one of 16 participating countries.  (Prices are not listed.)

Spherical coins don't excite me.  My personal idea isn't on the brochure.  I'd like to see Roman coins counterstamped as legal tender in a modern country.  (Better yet: two countries).  I believe these would generate a lot of publicity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ed Snible said:

The Blue Marble Series is the product of MDM Wholesalers, a German firm specializing in bringing together countries and ideas.

According to their brochure, if you have an idea -- or better yet, hold rights to a comic book or movie franchise -- you can get your idea minted by one of 16 participating countries.  (Prices are not listed.)

Spherical coins don't excite me.  My personal idea isn't on the brochure.  I'd like to see Roman coins counterstamped as legal tender in a modern country.  (Better yet: two countries).  I believe these would generate a lot of publicity.

Ed, Thanks for the info on MDM Wholesalers 😊.