Leu Numismatic Catalogs

Xeno

At the recent San Francisco ancient coin show the Leu Numismatik representative offered to send me some of the old catalogues and they have arrived! Just wanted to share how gorgeous they are with you folks. Really well made with beautiful photographs. Worth getting on their list! 

IMG_8155.jpeg

IMG_8156.jpeg

IMG_8157.jpeg

IMG_8158.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Heart Eyes 1

• 1 month later...

The print catalogs are really wonderful. Their "virtual catalogs" are available on the website (how I got the page image below), but I'm not sure if they can be downloaded as PDFs. (Nomos lets download!) Either way, I love physical copies and have a collection of auction catalogs and old fixed price lists that fill up several sets of bookshelves (and some boxes).

Unfortunately my set of Leu catalogs only starts at 6, so I need to pick up 1-5 at some point.
(I missed a chance to buy used copies from a notable numismatists' library a year or two back and have been mad at myself since!)

image.jpeg.86a6e7f593a44a6b5bc4750e453c3a74.jpeg

I think I only have one coin from the print catalogs. This one was from Auction 12 (Adrian Lang Collection). (Apparently they were unaware that it was previously in the collection of George His -- an important collection of Gordian III):

image.png.38bca87e8e341027485d344cc96f5e83.png

Edited by Curtis JJ
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

• 4 months later...