Trophies from San Francisco International Numismatic Bourse

Xeno

Hello everyone, I appreciated you guys giving me information on this coin show and figured I’d share my trophies. 

First is a coin from Leukae, Ionia, purchased from Michael Beyaziff for $30, I had a lot of great conversation with him and got to ogle his entire collection for a long time so it felt right to make a purchase. Love the swan design so she is a nice little addition to my collection.

Leukae, Ionia, AE10mm 1.28g, Laureate head of Apollo left / Swan standing left, head back to right, ΛEO. Sear 4472

IMG_8064.jpeg.a9f72636caf876feb75748eab0437f82.jpegIMG_8063.jpeg.7d88eb410ecdfb24707cb725d330065d.jpeg

Second coin was purchased from Musa Numismatic Art for $49, a worn denarius of Domitian, I don’t have as many denarii as I would like and I liked the design especially the upside down legend. 

Domitian, 81-96 A.D. AR Denarius. Rome Mint, struck 82 A.D.

Obverse: Laureate head right, IMP CAES DOMITIANVS AVG P M

Reverse: Throne of Jupiter and Juno: square seat, draped, with tassels, surmounted by a winged thunderbolt. TR POT COS VIII P P

17mm, 3.20g

IMG_8059.jpeg

IMG_8060.jpeg

IMG_8063.jpeg

IMG_8064.jpeg

Edited by Xeno
  • Like 14

1 minute ago, CPK said:

Nice coins! I like that the Domitian denarius is a more unusual reverse type. The little Greek AE is attractive as well. Looks like you had a good time!

Was a great time! Glad I went. One of the best parts was looking at the Leu Numismatik auction catalogs, they are so well made and gorgeous, incredibly well done hardcover books. He agreed to send me a few for free, worth it for that alone those catalogs are so wonderfully done, wish I had taken pictures to share. 

• Like 1
  • Gasp 1

13 minutes ago, Xeno said:

Was a great time! Glad I went. One of the best parts was looking at the Leu Numismatik auction catalogs, they are so well made and gorgeous, incredibly well done hardcover books. He agreed to send me a few for free, worth it for that alone those catalogs are so wonderfully done, wish I had taken pictures to share. 

That is very generous! I love looking through those types of auction catalogs. CNG has been sending me their Feature and Triton auction catalogs for a couple years now - just got their Triton XXVII catalog - 450 pages of beautiful color photos and detailed descriptions. 🤩

• Like 2