Anyone Have von Aulock?

KenDorney

• 10 months later...

Hi Ken:

I have the four volume set in excellent condition, but I have no idea of a fair price. Online research fails to show recent, or even not-so-recent,  sales.

Media mail would cost about USD 30 for US customers, but I have no idea about media mail acceptability/cost to Canada.

Please reply to: akropolisz@aol.com, since I don't know how to earmark this chat so as to return to it.

Since I am 91 years old, I am exploring also selling my BMC, RIC, AMNG, and SNG Copenhagen catalogs.

Also, M.J. Price's "The Coinage in the name of Alexander the Great and Philip III Arrhidaeus

."

Edited by Akropolis
Make correction to title of Price's catalogs.
  • Like 2

• Benefactor
47 minutes ago, Akropolis said:

Hi Ken:

I have the four volume set in excellent condition, but I have no idea of a fair price. Online research fails to show recent, or even not-so-recent,  sales.

Media mail would cost about USD 30 for US customers, but I have no idea about media mail acceptability/cost to Canada.

Please reply to: akropolisz@aol.com, since I don't know how to earmark this chat so as to return to it.

Since I am 91 years old, I am exploring also selling my BMC, RIC, AMNG, and SNG Copenhagen catalogs.

Hi, Pete. Good to see you here. I don't think @KenDorney is in Canada, unless I'm remembering incorrectly.

2 hours ago, Akropolis said:

In 2020 I got the four-volume set plus index for $390 plus shipping in the Kolbe and Fanning auction.  It was a well-used copy from the dealer Eldert Bontekoe (Pegasi coins).  While I was waiting to receive it, another dealer offered a copy on a Facebook group for slightly less than I paid at auction.  A pristine set might go for more to the right buyer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DonnaML said:

Hi, Pete. Good to see you here. I don't think @KenDorney is in Canada, unless I'm remembering incorrectly.

Hi Donna:

Good to "hear" from you! I trust all is well with you!

Thanks for the info on Ken Dorney. Perhaps I'll hear from him, but after a year, he probably has a set by now. 😏

With warm regards,

Pete

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ed Snible said:

In 2020 I got the four-volume set plus index for $390 plus shipping in the Kolbe and Fanning auction.  It was a well-used copy from the dealer Eldert Bontekoe (Pegasi coins).  While I was waiting to receive it, another dealer offered a copy on a Facebook group for slightly less than I paid at auction.  A pristine set might go for more to the right buyer.

Thanks Ed!!!!

Much appreciated! My set is excellent. Very little use.

Warm regards,

Old Pete

• Like 3