Achieved! My #1 ancient coin collecting goal!

CPK

1 hour ago, panzerman said:

Great aquisition CPK/ always nice to get a dream coin.

As yet I have none from him/ but never say never.

john

Thanks!

I'd love to see a panzerman-quality JC portrait coin! 😉 Would you stick with a silver lifetime portrait, or go for a posthumous gold?

• Like 2

I just acquired an Otho for an amazing price. It isn't my dream coin but it is certainly the second most valuable coin in the 12 Caesars set. Now I need a Galba and a Julius to finish the 12 Caesars! The portrait is decent the reverse is kinda tough.

E05E7F02-4236-42AA-BC33-C7708B26E72A.jpeg

BD0DEDB9-D9FD-443E-861C-F3666629B82D.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 2

1 hour ago, Amarmur said:

I just acquired an Otho for an amazing price. It isn't my dream coin but it is certainly the second most valuable coin in the 12 Caesars set. Now I need a Galba and a Julius to finish the 12 Caesars! The portrait is decent the reverse is kinda tough.

E05E7F02-4236-42AA-BC33-C7708B26E72A.jpeg

BD0DEDB9-D9FD-443E-861C-F3666629B82D.jpeg

Very well done! That's a great portrait, plus the legend is pretty much all there. Congrats on scoring a difficult coin!

• Like 2

A great coin @CPK I don't have a lifetime portrait but a great ambition of mine.

This was my first Julius Caesar.

image.png.2ef5c1f14c617bb737adcb48ffa91a7e.png

Iulius Caesar. Denarius Spain 46-45, AR 18mm., 3.68g. Diademed head of Venus r.; behind, Cupid. Rev. Two captives seated at sides of trophy with oval shield and carnyx in each hand; in exergue, CAESAR. Babelon Julia 11. C. 13. Sydenham 1014. Sear Imperators 58. RBW 1639. Crawford 468/1.  Ex-Navilles

• Like 7
  • Heart Eyes 1

2 hours ago, Dafydd said:

A great coin @CPK I don't have a lifetime portrait but a great ambition of mine.

This was my first Julius Caesar.

image.png.2ef5c1f14c617bb737adcb48ffa91a7e.png

Iulius Caesar. Denarius Spain 46-45, AR 18mm., 3.68g. Diademed head of Venus r.; behind, Cupid. Rev. Two captives seated at sides of trophy with oval shield and carnyx in each hand; in exergue, CAESAR. Babelon Julia 11. C. 13. Sydenham 1014. Sear Imperators 58. RBW 1639. Crawford 468/1.  Ex-Navilles

Thanks!

Of all the non-portrait coins struck in Caesar's name, that one with the seated captives is one of my favorites. I was recently outbid on a worn but acceptable specimen. Yours has great detail. I like it!