Tiber Numismatic Auction Wins

Furryfrog02

Did anyone bid and/or win any lots from the Tiber Numismatic Auction 1 on biddr recently? I kinda went crazy and ended up with 18 coins....Nothing crazy but I got some that were really interesting to me. I got my package today and was much happier with my purchases in hand than after I had paid my invoice and had some serious buyer's regret. 

David is a real nice guy. I've met him at the Baltimore Whitman show a couple of times and purchased a few coins from him. I was glad to see him finally get an online presence and was happy to get some wins. I'm looking forward to his next auction, though I don't think I will be making as many bids. Mrs. Frog wouldn't be too happy with me.

If anyone won anything please feel free to share 🙂 These are the first 3 coins I have got pictures of and the 3 I was most interested in winning. I will work on imaging and posting the others as soon as I have time.

slazzer-edit-image(67).png.d5a9d9b49ea30a68ad87bbf94a59d3ed.png

Bithynian Kingdom
Prusias I
AE 23mm/6.00g
Obverse: Diademed head of Zeus right, Nike Counterstamp
Reverse: BAΣIΛEΩΣ ΠΡOYΣIOY, thunderbolt within wreath; K monogram left

slazzer-edit-image(68).png.ceea492fcf103a9a72736cbe3fb9e489.png

M. Nonius Sufenas
57 BC
Prototype Denarius
Obverse: SVFENAS right, S.C left, head of Saturn right; harpa and conical stone behind
Reverse: PR. L. V. P. F. around, SEX. NONI in ex, Roma seated left being crowned by Victory

slazzer-edit-image(70).png.5327ebe6a0139f885b4b2d4b5438acdf.png

Trajan
Limes Denarius
103-111 AD
Obverse:  IMP TRAIANO AVG GER DAC PM TRP, laureate head right, slight drapery on far shoulder
Reverse: COS V PP SPQR OPTIMO PRINC, Victory standing left, draped, holding wreath and palm

• Like 14
  • Clap 1

7 hours ago, Roman Collector said:

Nice coins, @Furryfrog02. I am focusing exclusively on the coinage of Antonine women at present and he didn't have anything I could use for my collection. The winners of the two denarii of Faustina the Elder got a decent deal on each of them, though.

I also snagged a few other limes denarii. I believe one was Faustina the Elder. I will have to check.

Not sure what it is about the limes denarii but I think they are really interesting.

• Like 3

A few more wins featuring Victory: 
slazzer-edit-image(75).png.e8649e78dc59623aadfb9f5a92b64a98.png

Commodus
177-192 AD
Hemiassarion (Orichalcum 16mm/2.75g)
LYDIA. Thyateira
Obverse: AY KOMOΔOC Laureate, draped and cuirassed bust of Commodus to right, seen from behind
Reverse: ΘYΑΤЄΙΡΗΝΩΝ Nike advancing right, holding wreath in her right hand and palm frond in her left
BMC 68

slazzer-edit-image(77).png.93022855753dde13d81ff2b8856e62df.png

Constantine I
318-319 AD
AE follis
Ticinum
Obverse: IMP CONSTANTINVS MAX AVG, helmeted, laureate, cuirassed bust right
Reverse: VICTORIAE LAETAE PRINC PERP, two Victories facing and inscribing VOT PR on shield placed on altar
Mintmark TT

slazzer-edit-image(72).png.1c2ab6fab3a85e272499ccc5b0113286.png
Honorius
395-401 AD
AE3
Nicomedia mint
Obverses: DN HONORIVS P F AVG, pearl-diademed, draped and cuirassed bust right
Reverse: VIRTVS EXERCITI, Honorius standing right with spear and shield, being crowned by Victory standing beside him
Mintmark SMNB
RIC X 63; Sear 2102

• Like 7

I've known all along that I would have to sell off eventually, but now that I'm retired the dilemma is real... which of my children do I sell first?

I have all but certainly bought my last coin, unless I find a nice Vlasto 1 for which I could always sell a kidney. But 'liquidating' is such a scarey word!

~ Peter Hope 

image00011.jpg

Edited by Phil Anthos
Add image
  • Like 2
  • Mind blown 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

3 minutes ago, Phil Anthos said:

I've known all along that I would have to sell off eventually, but now that I'm retired the dilemma is real... which of my children do I sell first?

I have all but certainly bought my last coin, unless I find a nice Vlasto 1 for which I could always sell a kidney. But 'liquidating' is such a scarey word!

~ Peter Hope 

image00011.jpg

Can you share some of the coins you are planning to sell?