Testing...nothing to see.

quant.geek

Yeah, you looked ЁЯШБ. I guess it was too tempting. I am testing out embedded images with attributions for non-unicode based scripts.┬а Since you looked, let me know how it came out.

┬а

Pallavas of Kanchipuram: Mahendra Varman II (660-670) Potin Unit (Krishnamurty 262)

Obv: Bull standing to right, Pallava Grantha legendimage.png.0122e0340e12e290b4eb13955d14d73d.png(sakala bhajana) above, circular border
Rev: Large chakra with scalloped border
Dim: 1.24g

normal_26223180_1.jpg

Edited by quant.geek
  • Like 10

• 1 month later...

Sure enough, it looks good from here.┬а┬а

...Could you be of any help with how to render non-Roman alphabets more generally?┬а

Just for one instance, what is unicode?┬а I have trouble even with the diacritical marks for French; when I'm not too lazy, all I know is to resort to Google Translate.┬а ...Hypothetically, if that took this thread too deep into the weeds, anything you might be good for would be very welcome via Messages.┬а But Nope, if it would take the equivalent of an undergraduate course, you're summarily off the hook.

• 2 weeks later...

Unicode is a standard to encode the world scripts into computer form. It provides a standard to create the necessary fonts to render the scripts on your browser, word documents, etc.┬а You can read about it here https://home.unicode.org/.┬а As long as you have a conforming font for a given script, you can use it.┬а There are still so many scripts that have yet to be encoded as well as improvements to the existing scripts. The above script, which is Pallava Grantha has not been encoded yet, but there are proposals out there for it.┬а The font I am using is based on the proposal.

┬а

With Unicode, I can now attribute coins properly with its native scripts. For instance, see the coin below.┬а If you are having problems entering characters, I suggest you download https://keyman.com/

Georgian-Hulaguid: Demetre II/Arghun (1284тАУ1291) AR dirham (Album 2151.2)

Obv: Uyghur legend in four lines - самсаасансаисад саисабса╖саксабса╖ сааса╖сансадсаи тАНсак са│сабсапсааса│сансабсансажсаасапсажсад са░сабсаи (Struck in the name of Khaqan Arghun-u); Arabic legend below - ╪з╪▒╪║┘И┘Ж (Arghun); Small cross above сак in сааса╖сансадсаи тАНсак (Arghun-u)
Rev: Within square, Arabic legend in four lines - ╪и╪│┘Е ╪з┘Д╪з╪и ┘И ╪з┘Д╪з╪и┘Ж ┘И ╪▒┘И╪н ╪з┘Д┘В╪п╪│ ╪з┘Д┘З ┘И╪з╪н╪п (In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Sprit - One God); Cross in lower part, date formula around
Dim:21 mm, 2.40g

┬а

Georgian-Hulaguid: Demetre II/Arghun (1284тАУ1291) AR dirham (Album 2151.2) Obv: Uyghur legend in four lines - самсаасансаисад саисабса╖саксабса╖ сааса╖сансадсаи тАНсак са│сабсапсааса│сансабсансажсаасапсажсад са░сабсаи ([i]Struck in the name of Khaqan Arghun-u[/i]); Arabic legend below - ╪з╪▒╪║┘И┘Ж ([i]Arghun[/i]); Small cross above сак in сааса╖сансадсаи тАНсак ([i]Arghun-u[/i]) Rev: Within square, Arabic legend in four lines - ╪и╪│┘Е ╪з┘Д╪з╪и ┘И ╪з┘Д╪з╪и┘Ж ┘И ╪▒┘И╪н ╪з┘Д┘В╪п╪│ ╪з┘Д┘З ┘И╪з╪н╪п ([i]In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Sprit - One God[/i]); Cross in lower part, date formula around Dim:21 mm, 2.40g

Edited by quant.geek
  • Like 1