Seeking some information, please. Coins from which Roman ruler, to which Roman ruler, defines the term LRB ?

Topcat7

I am familiar with the term LRB, but I was wondering with which ruler, (or at what time), did the period start and with which ruler, or when), did the LRB period end ?

A 'simple' question and I am hoping that there is a 'simple' answer. (Google is little help, I am afraid.)

Thank you.

Edited by Topcat7
  • Like 1

• Topcat7 changed the title to Seeking some information, please. Coins from which Roman ruler, to which Roman ruler, defines the term LRB ?

I'm using a more holistic approach to these conventions, which helps me not feel guilty for going after things that would have conventionally be outside the scope of late Romans: I consider part of the historic "3rd century crisis" to be a transition period between Roman age proper and late Roman, historically because the period ends the regular Principate age and numismatically because it marks the passing from the regular trimetalic system of Imperial coinage plus the provincial coinage to the "billon" base metal for the common economy and precious metal for the inner dealings of the state and military expenditures, with a uniform monetary system throughout the empire. For my files I consider this transitional period from when the silver radiates start their debasement and the provincial cities start closing their mints, around the 240s, until Alexandria starts issuing the Tetrarchic folles.

Edited by seth77
  • Like 1