Ptolemy ll a short modern odyssey

NewStyleKing

After a couple of millenia, Ptolemy finally was imprisoned.

I bought him from Herekles for  modern equivalent $210 in 2009, sold him Roma  e sale 89  2021 $409  and now he's popped up in CNG keystone auction 11 estimate $400  ...lets see what the plastic slab does? ATM  $275!  I'm always interested in the afterlife of my coins, all previous provenance wiped!

BOTH_PTOLEMY-removebg-preview.png

• Like 12
  • Smile 1

22 hours ago, NewStyleKing said:

After a couple of millenia, Ptolemy finally was imprisoned.

I bought him from Herekles for  modern equivalent $210 in 2009, sold him Roma  e sale 89  2021 $409  and now he's popped up in CNG keystone auction 11 estimate $400  ...lets see what the plastic slab does? ATM  $275!  I'm always interested in the afterlife of my coins, all previous provenance wiped!

BOTH_PTOLEMY-removebg-preview.png

N.S.K., I agree with you that slabbing this coin was a waste of money 😉, however, with the current market a plastic slab can add a touch of magic to the price realized. The CNG photo is much better than the one you posted, so I wouldn't be surprised if the coin exceeds the CNG estimate of $400. Many collectors who get junk like this slabbed are laughing all the way to the bank 😂.... CNGKeystone11lot88-2.jpg.c94b7fde4f54406af5684637a4002ece.jpg

Edited by Al Kowsky
spelling correction
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NewStyleKing said:

A big loss of the consignee!  It just sold for $350......less than he bought it for +juice,  then the cost of its coffin  plus fee.!  

The coin was not great, I personally wouldn’t pay $350 + fees

its $200 all in coin in my opinion, given surface issues

• Like 2
  • Yes 1