From my collection...

galba68

@galba68 this kind of aes rude is now often presented in auctions. I am not interested in it, but, as I said in an other live 2000 years ago : de gustibus, coloribus et mulieribus non disputatur. So, how can you be sure it is Romen Republican and why you take such thing in your collection ? 

ps : 2000 years ago I didn't speak the Latin language of Cicero, only the Latin of Antwerp ( yes, Roman finds here)

• Like 4

On 9/10/2022 at 6:32 PM, antwerpen2306 said:

@galba68 this kind of aes rude is now often presented in auctions. I am not interested in it, but, as I said in an other live 2000 years ago : de gustibus, coloribus et mulieribus non disputatur. So, how can you be sure it is Romen Republican and why you take such thing in your collection ? 

ps : 2000 years ago I didn't speak the Latin language of Cicero, only the Latin of Antwerp ( yes, Roman finds here)

Hi A2306, well, this is a typical specimen of Aes Rudes..That period of Ancient Rome is particularly interesting to me, and thats why I have a couple of Aes Rudes and Aes Formatum...

• Like 3

so that's a very good reason,  because it is your collection and you are interested in it. I have only one small aes formatum, 28 mm, 2.3 gr I bought it to have an example of this kind of money and because I liked it, but I know nothing of it. Where can I find some explications ? For this kind of objects it is very difficult to find scientific explication on internet (I was not spending much time on it). I have also two little bells, bought by curiosity and very cheap, but I find nothing on it on internet

image.png.d83247c23bd038e3713bcaabe053d911.pngimage.png.48ba28c68be9e5d0d2eb4b4c070e379e.png

• Like 5

Incredible rude dude! Thanks for sharing @galba68!!!

And I thought my cake was BIG

2464650_1641205031.l-removebg-preview.png.800aefd68681b364e9ed68a401b9a919.png

BRONZE AGE. Proto Money. "Aes Rude" Style Bronze Cake shaped Ingot (2000-400 BC). 261 g, 6 cm.
This type of ingots is an intermediate product of prehistoric copper processing in Europe and an early form of currency. It was available both in pure copper and in various mostly natural bronze alloys. The archaeological finds contain both whole cakes in various sizes and pieces.
Purchased from Numismatik Naumann Feb 2022

• Like 5