Jump to content

Any budding artists out there?


expat
 Share

Recommended Posts

I like dabbling with the brushes and colors, keeps me sane. I will start this off with some white charcoal on black card. Highlighting only where  light strikes the subject still gives the impression of the full image. Pile on, anything goes

 

 

20201114_102735 (2).jpg

20201114_102755 (2).jpg

20201114_102842 (2).jpg

20201114_102858 (2).jpg

20201114_103126 (2).jpg

  • Like 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Benefactor

Your artistic skills are on a different level than mine. 🙂

I'm incapable of drawing or painting a straight line, but I do like to express myself through photography - wildlife and scenic.

zimbabwe2.jpg.a38b20739dca5cf7224eb3df96684d59.jpgzimbabwe3.jpg.1b7e2e0235c0edb2c7de3c40913df63c.jpgzimbabwe7.jpg.5d4908d7e9b9e04988ea80a4c6a41de3.jpgmaple.jpg.66f5e7d0a5d9fb5e24196f877e30da32.jpgParis3.jpg.d87763b454eb9917e9a43ccdea11ba41.jpg

  • Like 12
  • Heart Eyes 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, kirispupis said:

Your artistic skills are on a different level than mine. 🙂

I'm incapable of drawing or painting a straight line, but I do like to express myself through photography - wildlife and scenic.

zimbabwe2.jpg.a38b20739dca5cf7224eb3df96684d59.jpgzimbabwe3.jpg.1b7e2e0235c0edb2c7de3c40913df63c.jpgzimbabwe7.jpg.5d4908d7e9b9e04988ea80a4c6a41de3.jpgmaple.jpg.66f5e7d0a5d9fb5e24196f877e30da32.jpgParis3.jpg.d87763b454eb9917e9a43ccdea11ba41.jpg

Beautiful images

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A friend of mine, Ken Fuller, has done some amazing oil paintings of paper money in the Trompe l'oeil style. The photo below is one of three of his paintings in my collection, it measures 7.5 X 9.5 inches ☺️.

1993703119_KenFulleroilpainting.jpg.c4c442d0129c3d7a174a08a47c3bd3bc.jpg

 

 

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Al Kowsky said:

A friend of mine, Ken Fuller, has done some amazing oil paintings of paper money in the Trompe l'oeil style. The photo below is one of three of his paintings in my collection, it measures 7.5 X 9.5 inches ☺️.

1993703119_KenFulleroilpainting.jpg.c4c442d0129c3d7a174a08a47c3bd3bc.jpg

 

 

A truly gifted person

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sunir caM said:

Nice work @expat& @CPK

It's hard to pick a favorite, but if i did it would be expats " shoes & shadow "  I am getting a strong Banksy vibe from it.

 

Great stuff both of you, thanks for sharing 👍

It is titled "The disappeared"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kirispupis said:

Your artistic skills are on a different level than mine. 🙂

I'm incapable of drawing or painting a straight line, but I do like to express myself through photography - wildlife and scenic.

zimbabwe2.jpg.a38b20739dca5cf7224eb3df96684d59.jpgzimbabwe3.jpg.1b7e2e0235c0edb2c7de3c40913df63c.jpgzimbabwe7.jpg.5d4908d7e9b9e04988ea80a4c6a41de3.jpgmaple.jpg.66f5e7d0a5d9fb5e24196f877e30da32.jpgParis3.jpg.d87763b454eb9917e9a43ccdea11ba41.jpg

Serengeti?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Benefactor
8 minutes ago, El Cazador said:

Serengeti?

#1 Mana Pools National Park, Zimbabwe

#2 and #3 Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe

#4 My front yard

#5 Chantilly, France

This one is from the Serengeti.

elephants_tanzania.jpg.cea771c39bdd6b19b1bd5de9c4f12e16.jpg

  • Like 7
  • Shock 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm digging everyone's art! Very impressive!

I've dabbled with painting and found-object sculpture, but photography and jewelry making are the mediums that have held my attention the longest.

Here are a few photographs I took while traveling in Thailand and Vietnam:

CvbbLF3.jpeg

Y06BVoH.jpeg

fZLutoL.jpeg

And here's a silver pendant I made. It's fabricated from four sheets of sterling silver (not cast). I cut the turquoise as well.

vgHKgDZ.jpeg

 

 

  • Like 8
  • Mind blown 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jeremy said:

I'm digging everyone's art! Very impressive!

I've dabbled with painting and found-object sculpture, but photography and jewelry making are the mediums that have held my attention the longest.

Here are a few photographs I took while traveling in Thailand and Vietnam:

CvbbLF3.jpeg

Y06BVoH.jpeg

fZLutoL.jpeg

And here's a silver pendant I made. It's fabricated from four sheets of sterling silver (not cast). I cut the turquoise as well.

vgHKgDZ.jpeg

 

 

Vientam Hollon bay?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jeremy said:

I'm digging everyone's art! Very impressive!

I've dabbled with painting and found-object sculpture, but photography and jewelry making are the mediums that have held my attention the longest.

Here are a few photographs I took while traveling in Thailand and Vietnam:

CvbbLF3.jpeg

Y06BVoH.jpeg

fZLutoL.jpeg

And here's a silver pendant I made. It's fabricated from four sheets of sterling silver (not cast). I cut the turquoise as well.

vgHKgDZ.jpeg

 

 

Last one seems to be a floating market in Chiang Mai or BangKok

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jeremy said:

I'm digging everyone's art! Very impressive!

I've dabbled with painting and found-object sculpture, but photography and jewelry making are the mediums that have held my attention the longest.

Here are a few photographs I took while traveling in Thailand and Vietnam:

CvbbLF3.jpeg

Y06BVoH.jpeg

fZLutoL.jpeg

And here's a silver pendant I made. It's fabricated from four sheets of sterling silver (not cast). I cut the turquoise as well.

vgHKgDZ.jpeg

 

 

I did Thailand and Cambodia - and I absolutely loved it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, El Cazador said:

Last one seems to be a floating market in Chiang Mai or BangKok

They're beautiful places. The first was taken at a Cao Dai temple in Vietnam. The second is at a floating village in Ha Long bay, Vietnam. The third was taken in Bangkok, Thailand. Three resilient ladies from different places that I usually display together.

  • Like 1
  • Mind blown 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...