For members who ignore that you may get great deals on eBay

Posted (edited)

Hi everybody,

See attachments, you must very seriously need what you are buying.

Best, 

Didier

PS I deleted the attachments, which did contain personal data

Edited by Didier Attaix
Kaleun made a remark asking that I remove the files which were containing personal data
  • Like 1

Posted · Supporter

As I lack the expertise to venture into this area, I would never buy any of these items unless there were a photograph of Howard Carter holding the item up to the camera in 1922.   Mega kudos to anyone who is able to separate the wheat from the chaff.

• Like 2
  • Yes 1

• Benefactor
Posted · Benefactor

@Didier Attaix, those are some nice figurines/amulets. But even at the low prices you paid, and despite my having collected small Egyptian artifacts since the 1980s, I would never have had the confidence to bid on or buy them. Even back when you made these purchases, quite a few years ago, when Ebay was perhaps not quite as notorious as it is now for almost all the purported ancient Egyptian artifacts being fakes (except those offered by a few well-known dealers), there were still plenty of fakes being offered. And I wouldn't have trusted my own expertise, and wouldn't trust it now, to make an authenticity determination.

• Yes 1

@Didier Attaix I see you included the seller's eBay user name, full name, physical address, and email address in some of the files. Did you get their permission to share that information? Personally, I would be very angry if a buyer of one of my items on eBay shared my personal contact details on the internet without permission. I'd report them to eBay at the very least.

I'm really hoping you got their permission to share that information. If not, I think it would be best for @Restitutor to remove the attached files.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Yes 1

Hi everybody,

In reply to Donna: When I bought these items on eBay they were 98% of fakes. I bought three, but made claims and was refunded. 

In reply to Kaleun: All these items were bought decades ago and the personal data, which are in my documents may be obsolete. However, you are right, I just deleted my attachments.

Best,

Didier

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1