Is this Tiberius coin a fourree?

Bex

This coin was metal detected during a recent survey. After a bit research I think it’s a Tiberius denarius with Livia / Pax. What I don’t know is if it might be a fourree? it’s 19mm & 3g. Can anyway advise? Thanks 

IMG_6882.jpeg

IMG_6883.jpeg

• Yes 1
  • Clap 1

Hard to tell from the photos as they are not the greatest. but at 3g, it was probably in the 3.5g range before the chipping and accounting for the wear. I would say prob not a fourree.  Great find!

Edited by AETHER

I just wasn’t sure if in the chipped bit I could see a darker metal in section. I dont want to clean further as I have to give to treasure trove. Sorry about photos, how can I get better ones? 

Edited by Bex

12 minutes ago, Bex said:

I just wasn’t sure if in the chipped bit I could see a darker metal in section. I dont want to clean further as I have to give to treasure trove. Sorry about photos, how can I get better ones? 

If you are stuck to your phone camera, take the coin outside, and take steady focused closeup photos of the side of the coin and the chip. Maybe we can see more details.

• Yes 1