not a pretty coin/ but rare from Steve Album event

panzerman

Have to especially like that mohur for the iconically South Asian take on Arabic calligraphy.  No idea what to call that style, or how far afield it shows up (maybe wider Central Asia?), but just esthetically, it really pops.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JeandAcre said:

Have to especially like that mohur for the iconically South Asian take on Arabic calligraphy.  No idea what to call that style, or how far afield it shows up (maybe wider Central Asia?), but just esthetically, it really pops.

Thanks, that’s what drew me to the coin!  That and the fact that my wife and I just booked a trip to India that will take us into Jaipur and greater Rajasthan — I cannot wait.  

Edited by Bailathacl
Tpyo, I mean typo 🙂
  • Like 2
  • Big Smile 1

And… I got the other two target coins as well, happily.  My first coin from Hameln (think Pied Piper, no?), and the second is part of a growing set of Lubeck coins (out of affection to its U.S. namesake Lubec, in scenic Downeast Maine). 

IMG_4100.jpeg.714a447bc73eabc3ceab82836615f43e.jpegIMG_4099.jpeg.d18161572bdf996f3de65d6db530f29c.jpegIMG_4101.jpeg.774cfbb7df8408986f254c84b6a68add.jpegIMG_4102.jpeg.655ac278431066dc024ede2012efd6a7.jpeg

• Like 6

Nice coins everyone!  I had some (I thought) healthy bids on a few coins but got outbid on everything.  Guess I'll check to see if any of the group lots tomorrow are worth trying for.  Oh well, it means more money available for Frank Robinson's auction on Tuesday!

• Like 1