Holy cow!! It's the coin I tried to buy but the dealer couldn't accept my money!

Right before the schism with Coin Talk, I wrote about how I tried unsuccessfully to purchase a rare denarius of Faustina II from a Polish auction firm that wasn't able to accept my payment, no matter how I tried. The company refused to take PayPal or credit cards. I see the same firm is selling the coin again!

4999076_1704363534.jpg

At any rate, I was able to obtain a specimen of the coin elsewhere.

FaustinaJrCONCORDIAseateddenariusANTONINIinscription.jpg.c571d665501a85021cf5c4eed0b6306d.jpg

The lesson to be learned is to read the TERMS & CONDITIONS of the auction and realize that not all banks in Poland are able to accept electronic transfers from the United States. 

• Like 7
  • Smile 1
  • Gasp 1
  • Confused 2

I also was unable to transfer money to a firm in Poland to pay for an auction win.  Very frustrating.  I no longer bid in Polish auctions, although some very interesting coins pop up on them.  

• Yes 1
  • Cool Think 1
  • Cry 1

• Benefactor
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Roman Collector said:

Right before the schism with Coin Talk, I wrote about how I tried unsuccessfully to purchase a rare denarius of Faustina II from a Polish auction firm that wasn't able to accept my payment, no matter how I tried. The company refused to take PayPal or credit cards. I see the same firm is selling the coin again!

4999076_1704363534.jpg

At any rate, I was able to obtain a specimen of the coin elsewhere.

FaustinaJrCONCORDIAseateddenariusANTONINIinscription.jpg.c571d665501a85021cf5c4eed0b6306d.jpg

The lesson to be learned is to read the TERMS & CONDITIONS of the auction and realize that not all banks in Poland are able to accept electronic transfers from the United States. 

I'm glad that you were able to buy the type elsewhere. I do find it interesting that you and @Hrefn had this issue. I've bought a couple of Napoleonic medals from Podlaski Gabinet Numizmatyczny Marek Melcer (a/k/a PGNUM) in Białystok, Poland through MA-Shops, and have had no problems paying by credit card or Paypal. I suppose most auction houses don't accept those forms of payment, though.

Edited by DonnaML
  • Like 1
  • Cool Think 1

7 hours ago, Roman Collector said:

But that's strange that you couldn't transfer anything. A pity. If you had asked me - I could have transferred the money from Germany for you. Then you would have just sent me the money. I accept everything 😄 

• Like 2
  • Smile 2