600 MEMBERS !!!

Ocatarinetabellatchitchix

Beat me to it! Been neck deep in putting up Christmas decorations today 🎅

What a happy happy day! THANK YOU to everyone here for helping to grow this forum to further and further heights! In such a short period of time we have truly cemented ourselves as the webs #1 forum for ancient coin discussions. Onwards and upward to 700! 🥳🍾🥂

• Like 12
  • Yes 3

3 minutes ago, Restitutor said:

Beat me to it! Been neck deep in putting up Christmas decorations today 🎅

What a happy happy day! THANK YOU to everyone here for helping to grow this forum to further and further heights! In such a short period of time we have truly cemented ourselves as the webs #1 forum for ancient coin discussions. Onwards and upward to 700! 🥳🍾🥂

image.gif.ac10229d9ac382def3ebf4f870ac3a98.gif

• Like 8
  • Smile 1

As a member of LOTS of boards in the last 20 years, this quickly became my favorite. 

I'd love to post a coin related to 600, but I noticed I have none (I don't have 600 coins yet, I have a few coins with a value of $ 600.000 but I won't post them, no catalogue entry of 600....)

Here is a coin showing Liberalitas emptying coins out of cornucopiae instead 

image.png.e2685353b5ed834c02e4f512450e3c5b.png

Still waiting for the next milestone in members - hopefully our board will be the most popular in this activity and we will see lots of lots of threads for attributing coins, followed by the adjacent question - ES IT RARE?

• Like 8
  • Smile 1
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, ambr0zie said:

Still waiting for the next milestone in members - hopefully our board will be the most popular in this activity and we will see lots of lots of threads for attributing coins, followed by the adjacent question - ES IT RARE?

Please not! 😀

Discussions are only worth something if they happen at a certain level... More is not always better. 
Congratulations to the forum and to @Restitutor and I hope that the quality of the discussions stays high 😊

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Heliodromus said:

It'd be interesting to see a bar chart of number of users x posts per user.... I get the impression that 90% of the posts are from 10% of the users, or maybe more like 95% from 5% (top 30 posters) of the users!

You're probably right and I think it's the case on most forums (at least those I'm a member of)

Q

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Heliodromus said:

It'd be interesting to see a bar chart of number of users x posts per user.... I get the impression that 90% of the posts are from 10% of the users, or maybe more like 95% from 5% (top 30 posters) of the users!

I wonder how many silent readers and regular visitors we have who are not even members. Hundreds? Thousands? 

Maybe this forum has a big impact in the world of ancient coin collecting and we’re not even aware of it. 

Or maybe not. I don’t know. Would be interesting to know the statistics.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Heliodromus said:

I agree. This forum has plenty of activity, but not the activity of 600 fully active members. Many must be lurkers.

• Yes 1

• Benefactor

I see on the home page that the most members who've ever been signed on at the same time was 108 just a couple of weeks ago. I think that's pretty impressive, and shows that a lot of people are paying attention even if the number of regular posters is smaller than that. 

11 hours ago, ewomack said:

I agree. This forum has plenty of activity, but not the activity of 600 fully active members. Many must be lurkers.

Or maybe postal delivery people. Gradually learning more and more about the value of certain of their packages. Which then magically disappear after having been registered as delivered. Nightmare scenario! 

• Gasp 1

18 hours ago, Salomons Cat said:

I wonder how many silent readers and regular visitors we have who are not even members.

I don’t understand why, but here on Numisforums we always have around 10% of non registered readers compared to the « real » members online. The ratio is completely different on Forvm and Cointalk.

IMG_6025.jpeg.4df821b497fd7ec255eef0118ccfdc59.jpeg

IMG_6024.jpeg.6d7d7913b79d5b21a4fba09c5bd98a67.jpeg

• Gasp 1