Making the NF topic window full width

Valentinian

Most topics come up full width, but some have a column of information off to the right that makes every post narrow:

Screenshot2023-06-07at8_51_00AM.png.a5aae7045b2105e261e022e4a21c3c31.png

Is there some way to eliminate the column on the right (that here says "74   5 dy  43 min")? I'd like to see the posts full-width, which they are not when that column appears.

• Like 4
  • Yes 1

• Benefactor
1 hour ago, Valentinian said:

Most topics come up full width, but some have a column of information off to the right that makes every post narrow:

Screenshot2023-06-07at8_51_00AM.png.a5aae7045b2105e261e022e4a21c3c31.png

Is there some way to eliminate the column on the right (that here says "74   5 dy  43 min")? I'd like to see the posts full-width, which they are not when that column appears.

I've noticed the same issue, with no particular pattern as to when that column appears or doesn't appear. So I eagerly await an explanation! Thanks for raising this.

• Like 1

@Valentinian That's funny. I had not noticed it, except for a vague feeling, that sometimes my images appeared smaller. Now that you've mentioned it, I totally notice it. I agree with you. I would prefer not to have that side panel on the right, so that the images would be displayed larger, and so that the text would occupy less vertical space. A lot of the information in that side panel (number of replies, how long ago the thread was created, and how long ago was the latest reply), is easily available in the page that shows the list of threads. And, the rest of that information, is not important to me. Also, once you scroll below that rectangle of information on the right, the area on the right is dead space.

Edited by sand
  • Like 1

It just started happening to me yesterday or the day before. I posted some side by side images and, a day or two later, they became vertical with the same resolution.

I don't know if something was added or changed, or perhaps there was a forum update? I'm not sure, but it wasn't happening to me until Monday or Tuesday this week.

• Like 2